MINI Cooper Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

· Registered
2,559 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi guys, convertible owners may be interested in the Focal 5.25" subs detailed below.
Yes I did say 5.25". See them at http://www.focal.tm.fr/gb/car/utopia/5ws.htm it also
has reviews but none in english. I have scanned in a review from Car Stereo Magazine
possibly now known as In Cars Magazine.

Someone out there in Mini2 land may be interested and rich enough (£150 per speaker plus
amplification) to give these a try instead of the standard fit rear speakers in a convertible.
I'm assuming you can't use the more common 6x9 subs and plenty of people don't want to
give up space in the boot.

· Registered
241 Posts
Very interesting Meeeester Bond!

I'll have to talk to my installer. As my earlier post states looking for an alternate to the 10" sub install that would take up far too much of my boot so will print this out and see what they say....

· Registered
373 Posts
Just the problem I'm pondering at the moment...

From experience Focals are tops and driven with the right amps there is a lot of bass considering. I have 6.5" component's up front at the moment.

The space available in the rear is a little limited and I cannot squeeze my 6x9's in. Well I could if I cut the panels but I want a fairly stealthy install and hidden behind the stock grilles.

The trouble with theses smaller subs and I have looked at others eg JL's, is that they have a large depth and huge cone movement. I only just got the components in the front and had to modify the grilles to allow for the movement. I also wonder if they would really be that good if you have top kit elsewhere already but I'm sure if you have more run of the mill Sony's, Alpines etc then I'm sure you will find the results stunning.

Attachments

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.