MINI Cooper Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
On a closed course private road my Mini Cooper s reached 140 mph here’s some proof little blurry iPhone SE. I
4B2D7221-813C-4B94-A98C-33B43C0CC577.jpeg
UNPLUGGED
MY UPSTREAM 02 sensor couple mods new intercooler, de cat, polished chambers, ported it, refurbished head, aem intake, catch can, new plugs and wire harness, yoshimoto radiator hoses, aluminum turbo pipes, and riding on 17 inch diamonds with 205/40/17zr wide sorry if I got tire size wrong order, Bridgestone potenzas.
4B2D7221-813C-4B94-A98C-33B43C0CC577.jpeg

·
Registered
571 Posts
now might be a good time to mention the speedo over reads from the factory usually,

then you have the wrong profile tyres making it worse😂

your 'genuine' speed might have been closer to 125-130, who knows....

fwiw fitting 215/45r17 will go some way to correcting the speed reading, and 225/45 gets it closer still,

the cars don't pull much better than 145 easily anyway due to Aero of a brick, so might as well focus on how they get there than trying to chase it ;O)

·
Premium Member
2008 Mini Cooper S hatchback,Automatic,Mello Yellow
876 Posts
did you go through all your checks. Suspension wise? How is the engine condition. 140 is a bit slow for what the car is.
Here's a check list of items to go through if you bored.
1.Mileage on your car if over 70,000 did you tune your turbo for it?
2. Are you running non run flats or run flats?
3. Do you have an upgraded motor mount bushing?
image 2.jpg
4. Do you have Asymmetric brake rotors? Meaning there is a right and left brake rotor as in picture
image 1.jpg
Do you have trailing arm bushings?
How about a rear sway bar installed?
5. Have installed the fuel vent cap on the backside of the valve cover?
What I provided here is a the basic set of items that can get your car to bury the needle.
Problem with the Mini Cooper in Stock form is that the Rear of the car is set for comfort. And that is
one of the big hang ups in safely achieving that speed without the flight by the seat of pants feeling.
The front brakes on higher speeds you need to tap them sometimes and Asymmetric brakes will
slow the Mini without favoring one side or the other due to their design.
The lower engine mount keeps the engine vibration free and it can concentrate on it task. The fuel vent cap
directs more air fuel mix back into the engine to be recycled. The turbo tune increases the power level back to what it was stock 172Hp. Air tires vs. run flats are lighter and contour to the road a little more.
And no I did not put shocks in this. As I have added in the two more critical elements of the rear of the car.
There fore they are not needed.
I think this would be the cheapest way to get there. You should not have any feathers in your stomach during the run with this stuff.

·
Premium Member
2008 Mini Cooper S hatchback,Automatic,Mello Yellow
876 Posts
On a closed course private road my Mini Cooper s reached 140 mph here’s some proof little blurry iPhone SE. I View attachment 280388 View attachment 280388 UNPLUGGED MY UPSTREAM 02 sensor couple mods new intercooler, de cat, polished chambers, ported it, refurbished head, aem intake, catch can, new plugs and wire harness, yoshimoto radiator hoses, aluminum turbo pipes, and riding on 17 inch diamonds with 205/40/17zr wide sorry if I got tire size wrong order, Bridgestone potenzas. View attachment 280388
Tell me it had more in it!:) like I'm thinkin it does. Did you ever catch up to your family! L.O.L.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts