MINI Cooper Forum banner

81 - 100 of 133 Posts

·
Total MINI dot com!!
Joined
·
50,323 Posts
really don't like those headlights and front end, far too much like a cayenne, needs to be more boxy like a current MCS to retain MINI looks, just like the spy shots we have seen
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
282 Posts
Rakey said:
really don't like those headlights and front end, far too much like a cayenne, needs to be more boxy like a current MCS to retain MINI looks, just like the spy shots we have seen
Don't worry, the lights and the front end won't look like that! ;)
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
31 Posts
Hickster said:
Sorry, but i think it looks awful :(

Thankfully this is only a concept so hopefully the production version will be a little nicer.
Totally agree. Don't like the headlights on the sides like a fish. The whole thing has lost the simple charm and cute packaging of the MINI. Too much bling, and I didn't buy a MINI to get back seats. One of the great pleasures of owning a MIN is you get to choose your company carefully ;)
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
66 Posts
geotrash said:
Totally agree. Don't like the headlights on the sides like a fish. The whole thing has lost the simple charm and cute packaging of the MINI. Too much bling, and I didn't buy a MINI to get back seats. One of the great pleasures of owning a MIN is you get to choose your company carefully ;)
It has lost what made the Mini so great and sought after. This concept is way to bulky looking and over styled. They tried to cram 10lbs of crap into a 5lb bag. It has lost the charm of the current MINI and even the original.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
4 Posts
I've been lurking around here for months basically waiting for this announcement. :D Strip away all the concept bits, combine it with the other photos we've already seen, and I'm starting to wonder which of my two Bimmers I'm going to have to give up for one of these in a couple of years.

What's not going to make it, based on other pics or production ability:
-F/R bumpers
-weird hinges
-split tailgate/rolldown glass
-floating seats/rest of dash
-headlights
-sliding side glass
-single wiper


-Kaz
 

·
Moderator
Joined
·
4,975 Posts
Rakey said:
the text in the MINI2 news article says that the seats in the back lie flat with the floor in the back;)
Thanks.

The girls (dogs) will be pleased. They never been allowed in a MINI before, and now they can have one of their own.

Must admit I'm not too sure about the look of the front either.
 

·
Lovin my iPod
Joined
·
1,935 Posts
Back from Frankfurt very late last night, I was actually at the press conference in the pictures. My thoughts? Well, I like the idea, just not sure about the execution! You can see the way BMW intend future MINIs to look.

My favourite MINI on the stand was JCW Clubman car with more new carbon interior bits than I've ever seen before. Including some new polished JCW rims. I've got some pics of the wheels and the concept, i'll try to upload them later.

G

P.S where have all the smilies gone?
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
540 Posts
Ginger said:
My favourite MINI on the stand was JCW Clubman car with more new carbon interior bits than I've ever seen before. Including some new polished JCW rims. I've got some pics of the wheels and the concept, i'll try to upload them later.
Lucky You! & welcome back!

This one?



Pete
 

·
Total MINI dot com!!
Joined
·
50,323 Posts
Ginger said:
Back from Frankfurt very late last night, I was actually at the press conference in the pictures. My thoughts? Well, I like the idea, just not sure about the execution! You can see the way BMW intend future MINIs to look.

My favourite MINI on the stand was JCW Clubman car with more new carbon interior bits than I've ever seen before. Including some new polished JCW rims. I've got some pics of the wheels and the concept, i'll try to upload them later.

G

P.S where have all the smilies gone?
they are still here, now get those pictures up:D
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,755 Posts
I really do hope the front end gets changed. It is god damn awful... looks too much MICRA as well.. :(

Also, I know it's just a demo car but those wheels look awefully low profile for what is going to be classed probably as a small estate car. I've seen estates driving with very low profile tyres and never for the life of me understood why anyone would bother. ! :)


The idea is growing on me, there are some lines in the design, I do not like...
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
228 Posts
Ian: Concept cars usually get fitted with ludicrously sized wheels. That seriously is the least likely of the whole car to make it to production (at least for base models).
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,291 Posts
Sorry to come to the conversation late, but I'm ashamed to say that if they keep the majority of these design features and if there is a choice between this car and a lightweight MINI mk 1 then I'll be going straight down to the MINI garage to cancel the MLE order and swapping it to a traveller!

Unfortunately these days it's a lot easier to justify a family orientated car than another focussed sports car. :(

If I've been skirting the point, then I'll say it now: I really like this car. I can understand some peoples' concerns about the looks but in my opinion they have struck a nice compromise between a newer look and keeping the original's shape. It is still unmistakably MINI but moves on, evolves, the shape and ensures that the design doesn't become stale. If the MINI keeps going for years to come (and I hope it does) then eventually MINI mk x won't look anything like MINI mk 1 anyway (note I said MINI not Mini).

I really like the back doors and light clusters, hinged doors all round look fab, the interior is fabulous (imagine how much that would cost in the real thing!! :( ) and the front looks like it has moved on nicely. At the very least the car seems to be slightly more aerodynamic than the current model....now if only they'll introduce it with a hydrogen engine ;)
 
81 - 100 of 133 Posts
About this Discussion
132 Replies
59 Participants
makeric
MINI Cooper Forum
Join our Mini Cooper Forums to talk about your new Mini. From reviews, mods, accessories, reliability concerns and more, this Mini Owners Club is full of info!
Full Forum Listing
Top