MINI Cooper Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello

I just got undercar lighting for my MINI Cooper 03' plate
I have managed to fit the front and 2 side lights but have encountered a problem with the rear light

The strip is quite long and centering it is proving difficult as it would be resting on my exhaust.

I understand that its not your regular thing to have undercar lighting especially on a MINI but if anyone has had the same problem or could shed some light on the situation, i would be especially grateful

thanks! :D

·
Registered
418 Posts
I had undercar lighting on my R53 a few years back, but only had three strips put on(under), could not fit the rear strip due to exhaust being in the way.

Looked fine with the front and two sides though

Stu

·
Registered
988 Posts
I would have thought you'd be best getting the rear strip to be replaced with one half the size, and then mount it in the middle of the rear bumper - if you know what I mean.

Get some pics up once done!

·
THE STICK
3,902 Posts
I doubt you'll manage it, best option may be to fit 2 smaller ones either side of the exhaust? or as above, just forget fitting the rear completely

·
Registered
58 Posts
hi i just got neons installed on my mcs, 4 all round the car. My rear one is on the metal plate and the ends on the neon is just touching the two boxes on the exhaust system (sorry dont know what they are called :) ) and i found that they are fine resting on them so far no melting has occurred. Not sure if this is any help to you

·
THE STICK
3,902 Posts
Ohhhh I would not try that on my exhaust.... not only would that break, but mucho melting would occur as my exhaust gets too hot to touch from top to tail. I f the cars stock then it should be OK as mine never got that warm except on th edrag strip and track.

I'd be more worried about the movemnet of the exhaust snapping the tubes than melting them tbh

1 - 8 of 8 Posts