MINI Cooper Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
A mighty Mini good time
200 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
We're back from our Michigan vacation - over 1900 miles round trip - and Verde did GREAT! It was a very comfortable ride and very uneventful (in a good way - esp. with I-80 in PA and all the big rigs, blah!). We went up to visit family and friends in the town where we moved from last summer (45 minutes south of the Mackinac Bridge).

We did get hit with a big rock in Michigan and left a good size ding on the right hand corner. I think it's only a matter of time before it starts to spread and spider out. Ugh. Six months and already need a new windshield.

It's NICE to be home though! Much to our sadness, we only saw one Mini - in West Virginia/Maryland yesterday (LY/W). We have a ton of bugs on the car and it is just d-i-r-t-y so this weekend I'll be washing and waxing Verde.

Too bad we came back to Hurricane Alex though!

·
Registered
138 Posts
Sorry about your ding!!!

I saw only two MINIs, both PS/W and both in Kentucky between hopkinsville (one was actually in Hopkinsville) and the other was headed towards Clarksville, TN, but hadn't passed the KY/TN border yet. I was coming back from Nashville.

·
Loves the Fuzzy One
16,525 Posts
This MINI is a great car for a road trip, isn't it? Fuzzy and I drove to ME, then on to Ontario last year.

·
A mighty Mini good time
200 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
AprilWhine said:
This MINI is a great car for a road trip, isn't it? Fuzzy and I drove to ME, then on to Ontario last year.
Absolutely! It was so comfortable! We're going to New England at Christmas. :)

·
Registered
138 Posts
Its a good road trip car for a family with small kids. Luckily for me, my husband didn't come so my 16 year old, who is almost as tall as his dad, was able to sit in the front. My ten year old was ok in the back as long as she sat behind me.
When all 4 of us travel, we will travel in the van.

My son leaves home in just a few years and should be driving in 2006. So it was ok for us to buy the MINI knowing it would be just the 3 of us, anyway, fairly soon.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
About this Discussion
5 Replies
3 Participants
Mojodiva
MINI Cooper Forum
Join our Mini Cooper Forums to talk about your new Mini. From reviews, mods, accessories, reliability concerns and more, this Mini Owners Club is full of info!
Full Forum Listing