16" 5-star design (Daytona) wheels with high-performance tires are NA on 'S'
a marketing ploy to force me to buy 17" wheels which IMHO look to large

no mention of KALEIDO leather/cloth upholstery

two sets of torque figures (162/4000 and 155/4500) specified
MINI2 news article has 155/4000

·
Registered
930 Posts
What??????? No 16" Daytona wheels???????? Surely, I hope this isn't true! I like them!

·
Moderator & Sponsor
3,758 Posts
Did you notice for the US market that:

The awful looking "faux wood" will be an option? :eek:

Any wheels, even the 17" can be had for free in white color? :eek:

Bonnet stripes come as part of the Sport Package?

Leatherette upholstery (a.k.a. vinyl plastic) is the standard seat covering? :eek: :eek:

Headlamp washers are only available with the xenon headlights?

The spoiler for the S does not appear to be "delete-able"? :(

The only "alphabet soup" optional on the S is DSC?

Park distance control is not bundled into any option package! :)

·
Registered
785 Posts
I'm a little confused. Must we get any package? It seems that, although there are packages, everything is also a stand alone option.

For example, are 17's a stand alone option? Can I order an S, with no packages, but get 17's?

All the Sport Package options have in their column: O/SP for Optional OR Sport Package.

·
Registered
1,368 Posts
Garfield said:
I'm a little confused. Must we get any package? It seems that, although there are packages, everything is also a stand alone option.

For example, are 17's a stand alone option? Can I order an S, with no packages, but get 17's?

All the Sport Package options have in their column: O/SP for Optional OR Sport Package.
Yes, of course you can get any of the options individually. Since I wish to get most of the options, I am opting for those packages.

·
Moderator & Sponsor
3,758 Posts
I think you could make one of the uglest MINIs ever if you got the fake wood trim, white wheels (sorry), vinyl seats and a paint scheme that suits none of it - which I think might be yellow.

·
Sham's apprentice
721 Posts
BruceK said:
I think you could make one of the uglest MINIs ever if you got the fake wood trim, white wheels (sorry), vinyl seats and a paint scheme that suits none of it - which I think might be yellow.
I couldn't agree more....except that I have actually started to consider yellow w/black top as a possibility. Have I gone mad :D :eek: :p :confused:

·
Premium Member
60 Posts
Mad? Not a bit! I like the yellow w/white top. Give me all 3 option packages (while not yet, it snows up here in Iowa and the CWP sounds great) Now if one of the pre-spec's sits the bill...I would hate to see BruceK driving one of my rejects.:D :D :D

Mike

·
Moderator & Sponsor
3,758 Posts
mike said:
Mad? Not a bit! I like the yellow w/white top. Give me all 3 option packages (while not yet, it snows up here in Iowa and the CWP sounds great) Now if one of the pre-spec's sits the bill...I would hate to see BruceK driving one of my rejects.:D :D :D

Mike
Well Mike, being 5 further down the list at the same dealer, I can just about assure you that I will be driving a pre-spec Cooper S that you reject.

·
MINIstry of Fun
1,561 Posts
Mike, I'm with you.

I've ordered a liquid yellow (love that name) with white roof, and black grille (to match the 'S' intake).

Haven't decided on white wheels or silver. There is a beaut photo of a yellow/white with exotic wheels. I'll try to post it. I haven't tried posting a photo yet, so be patient. :cool:

Moderator :- please why is there no yellow in the /COLOUR options?? Is this a conspiracy against Mike and me?

1 - 13 of 13 Posts