MINI Cooper Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Future Mini Driver
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I just found out that BMW includes an awesome 4year/50k warranty with the Minis, which will keep my covered until i'm through school. But wait, it gets better, than I read that all scheduled maintainence is free for 3 years/36k.

So I'm sure you all know about this as you own Minis...so here is my question:

Is it a good deal? Do they cover inspections, etc? Also, it says that they only change the oil when the indicator comes on. I've read in magazines that the Minis can go 15k+ miles before the oil change indicator comes on. Do you guys actually wait this long?...is it ok for the car?

I know it's not a big deal, and has nothing to do with why I'm buying a Mini, but I thought it was a cool addition to the car buying experience that most companies don't offer.

·
MotorCityMadman
3,793 Posts
BMWs are the best-backed autos in the world. (those "10-year" companies...ever wonder why they need this as an enticement?)

The 3 years is full scheduled maintenance, including inspections. That is, when the maintenance counter reads it is time. Any other things done (oil changes, etc.) outside of this counter is for you to pay.

You will probably only get an Inspection I paid for under the warranty as it's 36,000 miles.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts