MINI Cooper Forum banner

1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Bad Dog, Moderator
798 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have used the "contact us" link three times to ask the same question giving 2 business days to answer after each submission. No response. I remain enthusiastic about the car but am somewhat concerned about their responsiveness.
Anyone else having similar/different results?

·
Registered
5,722 Posts
Some people have experience a lack of comunication with MINI Hq here is blighty aswell :mad: :mad: :mad:

·
Registered
1,609 Posts
I must admit I have had no problems at all contacting MINI customer services here in the UK. I have always used [email protected]
and got a response with in a couple of days. However, they have not always answered my questions in full.:D

·
Retired and relaxed
2104 BMW Z4 sDrive 35i
5,372 Posts
Gromit,
Same here. Last three inquiries I made had no response at all. Not even an automatically generated "we have received your comments.....", etc.
Seems they don't give a hoot. Too bad.

·
Registered
927 Posts
I sent an email question to MINIUSA two weeeks ago.

No reply yet.

·
Bad Dog, Moderator
798 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Following Up

Just (Jan 30) sent yet another email to miniusa via their website. This is my fourth email to them in the past 2-3 weeks. All were questions. None have received a response as yet. Does anyone at miniusa read this group? Could anyone explain to me how miniusa is going to be more responsive to their customers *after* they have our money?:mad:

·
Registered
42 Posts
I sent miniusa an email and got a response back the next day. I had inquired about getting brochures like those being given out at the shows and was told that there were pieces under production that were to be sent out to anyone registered with them. Guess it depends on the question/request or possibly tone of the message. Their response was quite friendly.

·
Bad Dog, Moderator
798 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Tim-
Geez, I hope the tone of my emails has been ok, I was only asking questions about possible options (special paint). From someone who has worked in customer service I can tell you the level of responsiveness I have received so far is not up to par. Apparently some folks have gotten their questions or comments acted upon right away and some have sent multiple emails with no response. No rhyme or reason to it as far as I can see.

I'll send another with a "pretty please with sugar on top" and see how I make out.;) :D

·
Registered
39 Posts
I had an impressive response time from the question I sent to miniusa.com regarding the gear ratios listed on the site. They gave a very informative reply within two days.

·
Registered
18 Posts
NEED HELP????

If any one needs help, I'm a MINI MOTORING ADVISOR, for Tom Bush MINI in Jacksonville, FL. I have been answering questions on MINI's. (SEE MARCH MINI THREAD) I will be the FIRST dealership open, as well as the FIRST dealership to receive our wonderful MINI's. I have been answering the ???'s a lot quicker than miniusa.com,
(10min-1hrs.response time)(Not Bad?!) Surprised HUH!? Alot of dealerships have been giving the MINI customers the run around! I cannot promise I will know everything,(I know a little more than other dealers, because I will be the 1st to open)but I do have the means to find every question out. If I cannot answer your ?? I will hunt someone down at the corporate office and find out!!!
I Love my MINI customers!!!!:D

Thanks
J. Rowland
MINI Motoring Advisor
[email protected]

·
Premium Member
60 Posts
I have not had any problem contacting MINIUSA and recieving an answer. Who knows, bad hair day?
Now Mr JRowland, are you as fired up as it appears? I caught a couple of your posts and golly, if others had your MINI spirit I do not think there would be as many discouraged posts as we see. Spread the joy!

Mike:D :D :D

·
Bad Dog, Moderator
798 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Good News!

My faith in MINIUSA is restored. I just got an email in about 3 hours saying they had responded to my previous emails. They also answered my question. Why the previous responses never made it to me is unclear, but I'll give them the benefitt of the doubt...
The message that got the response:

--Original Message--

First name: Rick
Last name: Germain

question/comment:
Have you guys received my previous 4 emails? I have had no response and am now wondering hou responsive your company will be *after* you get my money. Please advise.

---------------
and the response, referring to my earlier questions:

Yes, we have! And we have responded to each of them. I'm not sure why our responses are not reaching you. Let's try this again:

Hello Rick,

That really is a popular question you've been asking. Many people would like to order unavailable colors. Unfortunately, you won't be able to special order this. However, many manufacturers do have their color selections change annually. Your dealer will have all the details on what you can order. (Sometimes color options are shuffled, so this may become an option down the line.)

Thanks for writing in and Let's MOTOR!

---------------
I'm glad that's over....

·
Registered
18 Posts
MS. Rowland is defiantly FIRED UP!!!
Aren't you?! I love this car, and How lucky am I to get to work with a car everyday that I LOVE!!!! And to get to work with such great people/customers. Sorry if I am a little enthusiastic I'm just ready for the to get here. I'll try to keep it a little more toned down :D
Jacqueline Rowland
MINI Motoring Advisor

·
Premium Member
60 Posts
MS ROWLAND!!! I stand humbly corrected and absolutly thrilled at your level of involvement! Your a long way from Iowa so I will stick with MINI of St Louis. HOWEVER I hope to be driving my MINI your way in June on vacation. I just might have to include Jacksonville. Going to Bonita Springs with a stop in Tampa.

Mike:D :D :D

·
Bad Dog, Moderator
798 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Another response from MINIUSA

Just got another nice note from the folks at MINIUSA. I can verify they do read this forum and are responsive to emails. :D

·
Moderator & Sponsor
3,758 Posts
Re: Another response from MINIUSA

gromit said:
Just got another nice note from the folks at MINIUSA. I can verify they do read this forum and are responsive to emails. :D
I think they are pretty particular about what they will answer. But I'll try to keep an open mind. For the record, I just submitted this simple question on that website:

"For the past 8 months this site has indicated that decisions on MINI dealers in Texas 'are pending'. When can we reasonably expect MINI dealers to be announced in Texas?"

If
I get a response back from the miniusa website, I'll post it here. But, based on previous questions I posed to the site that went unanswered, I doubt they will have the courtesy to respond. Hope they prove me wrong.

·
Bad Dog, Moderator
798 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Responsiveness and Texas

Bruce have you clicked on the USA dealer locator map at MINIUSA lately? I did it out of curiosity after seeing the no Texas dealer threads and it has a "Texas specific" popup when you click on the USA map, then on Texas. Is this new or is it a response to our questions and what we are saynig here?

On the same topic, I can state with certanty the folks at MINIUSA *are* reading these posts. In fact, in their last response to me I was quoted from one of my posts in this thread. I have no problem with this at all. I am encouraged as it shows at least some level of concern as to how their customer service is being perceived.

Of greater concern to me right now is the "Beta Test" feeling we are getting from our cousins in the United Kingdom. I live a mere 60 miles from my nearest dealer but I have a full time job and a family. I do not fancy the idea of a one hour drive each way plus lost time to sort out the "niggles" and more serious problems that seem to be cropping up with some regularity. I am not a whiner but my "loaded" Cooper S will cost just shy of 24,000 USD before taxes. For this kind of money I expect absolute reliability. I don't think this is an unfair expectation as I currently have two old clunkers in my driveway with 300,000 miles between them that I can, and do, drive daily without concern if I will be locked inside or the windows will become "possessed".

Oh well, enough of my rambling. I'm probably far enough down on the list to see if the problems are sorted on our US cars prior to my taking delivery.
:rolleyes:

·
Moderator & Sponsor
3,758 Posts
Re: Responsiveness and Texas

gromit said:
Bruce have you clicked on the USA dealer locator map at MINIUSA lately? I did it out of curiosity after seeing the no Texas dealer threads and it has a "Texas specific" popup when you click on the USA map, then on Texas. Is this new or is it a response to our questions and what we are saynig here?
The message saying decisions on dealer in Texas “are still pending” is unfortunately not new – it’s been there for 8 months now since June 2001. Earlier in 2001, before any MINI dealers in the US were announced, the miniusa.com site listed cities across the US likely to get dealers. There were about 5-6 potential Texas dealers spread around in Dallas, Houston, San Antonio, and Austin/College Station.

Of course there was previously a legal reason why they didn’t name dealers in Texas:

http://www.mini2.com/forum/showthread.php?s=&threadid=3841

But now that the suit is settled, it is confusing to understand just what the waiting is for.

gromit said:
On the same topic, I can state with certanty the folks at MINIUSA *are* reading these posts. In fact, in their last response to me I was quoted from one of my posts in this thread. I have no problem with this at all. I am encouraged as it shows at least some level of concern as to how their customer service is being perceived.
Well, I must be on their corporate sh*tlist as they don’t respond to me. The post I made just a little earlier in this thread on 31 January listing a question I sent them through the miniusa.com website has been completely ignored as of the time I post this.

If they are reading these posts, I would really appreciate an answer, even if it is just, “I don’t know”.

1 - 20 of 31 Posts