MINI Cooper Forum banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
MINI2 Regular
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
[email protected][/EMAIL] :indi: Has anyone heard any news about the MINI USA.com site? Any idea when it may be up again? My mini is on order and I can't track it, except through the dealer. Any news?

·
MINI2 Regular
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Oh....I am so excited.. Thank you very much for your help...My mini is awaiting transport. I can't wait. I have been checking miniusa since last thurs and could not get in. You're my angel....
Thanks again.

·
MINI2 Regular
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
My salesman advised the site was down for an indefinite period of time due to a problem with the data base. :indi:

·
Benny the Yellow Cab
347 Posts
I have to ask though...

How has tracking on MiniUsa been effective for you? At no time during the process has the on-line information been near up to date regarding my car.

My build specs only appeared after it showed the car waiting for transport...it only showed waiting for transport 3 days after completion...it showed scheduled for production up until the day after it was done...all in all it was worthless.

Callinf ASKMINI now and then was - OTOH - spot on.

Peter...still waiting ...in Denver

·
Motoring since 8/4/04 :)
553 Posts
Tracking your mini on the site is useless. It's best to call 1-866-ASK-MINI and give them your production number.

Luke

·
MINI2 Regular
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Tracking

I didn't know about the phone # until recently, but I found the miniusa site to be pretty accurate. My production took 6 days, then it showed on the dock, where it is now, and my salesman tracked it through the dealer site and it said the same thing, right down to the time it went to the dock. This was the first trouble I have heard. :indi:

Jean
Waiting patiently in Baltimore....

·
Registered
514 Posts
Jean,

Did you buy from Towson? If so, who's your MA? I'm working with Brad and he seems very proactive, including weekly updates.

·
MINI2 Regular
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Mini of Towson

Yes, Brad is my MA and he is just great.....This is the second mini we have purchased from him in the last few months. My husband also has a mini. I couldn't stand not having one, and sooooo, back to Mini of Towson for mine. I was really sorry to hear that Kevin Blackburn had left. He was always to enthusiastic and a really nice guy.

What area are you from?

Jean :indi:

·
MINI2 Regular
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Mini of Towson

Indimini,

Have you already taken delivery of your mini? When is it due in? :indi:

Jean

·
Registered
514 Posts
We bought our 02 MC from Towson, working with Barry back then. When the convertible came out I new it was time to upgrade. Brad got the call and only two days later Barry moved back over to the Mini side of the house after "slumming" with the BMW's. :)

Sadly we will have to give up the 02 - two Mini's aren't quite as efficient as one minivan when taking kids and friends around. The MCSC is due mid-December. Not great drop-top weather, but it should beat the $500 price increase Jan 1st and make a wonder XMas present.

We live in northern Montgomery County (Boyds to be exact). I have used Sterling for service in the past since that's where work takes me on occasion. Good folks too, but I really like the family atmosphere of the Towson crew!

Happy motoring!

·
MINI2 Regular
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Mini

Indimini,
How did you find out about Towson? Why didn't you buy it from Sterling?
Just being nosy....

We live in the Parkville area of Baltimore County? Are you in any group? Have you heard of the DCMM group? :indi:

Jean

·
Registered
514 Posts
Back in 02 before the Mini was even in the states, I found everything I could get my hands on. When Miniusa finally came on line w/ a list of dealers I talked with both Sterling and Towson. (Tate in Annapolis was just too far). I liked buying in Maryland (never quite sure what the deal is when buying in VA but owning/titling in MD) and when we met Barry it was a done deal. Something about buying a Mini from a Brit just seemed perfect. Oh, and the wait for the car was about 3 months shorter at that time. (The wait at either dealer for an "S" in 02 was more than I could bear so I went with the MC - a choice I have never regretted.)

I've followed the DCMM group thread on line and keep meaning to do an event, but with two kids (6 and 12) it seems our weekends belong to them and household chores. There is an evening run coming up in Frederick going to some farms and pumpkin patches we hope to get to w/ the whole family.

Do you belong to any of the local clubs? I looked at your spec - very nice. I loved the Indi blue/white combo so I'm sure the Hyper blue/white will look awesome. I tried to talk the family into hyper blue for the convertible, but was vetoed as it was too much like our MC. We ended up going cool blue/dark blue leather interior/black top and all 3 pkgs plus the chrome exterior.

·
MINI2 Regular
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Indimini,
Your mini sound beautiful.... I was going to get the convertible; however, my husband is very susceptible to skin cancer and now I have a spot on my face, so that kind made the decision easy. I really love the sun roof... :indi:

I have been in touch with "Jen" about the club. We may try to do the nite run in Frederick. It sounds like so much fun.... :indi:

I can understand about the the kids..They need lots of attention, especially at that age.

Hope we can meet real soon... :indi:

I don't know of any local clubs in the area. I have been trying to find something with no avail. If you hear of any, please let me know. I am going to add you to my buddy list. It is so nice to find someone local to talk to....Please keep in touch.... I am always on here. :indi:

Jean

·
Registered
514 Posts
Looking forward to meeting you -- perhaps in Frederick?! What Mini is your husband driving? (Sorry, you may have mentioned it, but the mind's going :) )

Have you checked out this group? Not sure how active they are, but they are closer for you.

·
MINI2 Regular
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
My husband has an electric blue S with the cooper works kit, cooper wheels, etc....
It is really nice. He has the color I wanted, but I didn't want to order the same color.... :indi:

I will check out the web site. :indi:

Well, hope to see you soon. If you decide to go, give me a call on my cell phone
410 598 4231, so we can meet... I am not sure we are going yet either. :indi:

Jean

1 - 20 of 23 Posts