MINI Cooper Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
342 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
MINIUSA now has the Build Your Own Mini function up and running!

I just built mine, spec'd to just under $25k as I expected.

·
Registered
342 Posts
Discussion Starter #3

·
Registered
560 Posts
Wow,

Much better experience than the UK one. I actually got all the way through. Love the double checking, that prevents you from ordering somethng that's already included in by a package. Fully spec'd Electric Blue S with 16's instead of 17's for $26,840. At least that's the flavor of the week. Now all I have to do is continue saving.

All it's missing is for the customer to be able to hit a button, enter a credit card number, to have it built and shipped to their nearest MINI dealer.

Still lacking in interior photos of the S.

Cheers,
Brant

·
Registered
1,368 Posts
They've missed a part in that the Xenon lights are part of the sport package in the Cooper S but those are not listed in the sport package description in 'Step 2' which led me to think they weren't available for the US market. I guess now it's official that there won't be a MD option :(

Brant, I too, I think it's smart for them to include the double checking feature listing the options I have picked on a side list. Now let's see how many different Cooper & Cooper S's I can build until my real one comes. :rolleyes:

·
Registered
342 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
KarmanS said:
I guess now it's official that there won't be a MD option :(
I'd be very surprised if it was offered, MD is dead in the states and it wouldn't make sense for MINI to source it for use here. You can always install your own of course.... from what I've read Sony headunits ARE compatible with the steeringwheel controls when used with an adapter. Read someone else's message somewhere about doing that.

·
Registered
1,368 Posts
normalizer said:

I'd be very surprised if it was offered, MD is dead in the states and it wouldn't make sense for MINI to source it for use here. You can always install your own of course.... from what I've read Sony headunits ARE compatible with the steeringwheel controls when used with an adapter. Read someone else's message somewhere about doing that.
yeah, too bad for MDs unpopularity here. Thanks for the info regarding the Sony units and the SW controls. Sony makes reputable headunits and as I recall gazzaman28 (spelling?) installed one of those in his Cooper.

·
Registered
247 Posts
Can I just say how much better the US build your own is than the UK one!! The MINI you spec actually looks like the MINI you end up with. The UK site hasn't even updated yet with Velvet Red and Pepper White.

The way it adds chrome lines and wheels and stuff is excellent. Well done MINIUSA.

·
Registered
187 Posts
hey...5-star 16" alloys aren't an option

what happened to em?
they are available on the Mini S per the brochure, no?

·
Moderator & Sponsor
3,758 Posts
Re: hey...5-star 16" alloys aren't an option

oopsdy said:
hey...5-star 16" alloys aren't an option
what happened to em?
they are available on the Mini S per the brochure, no?
No. Only in older brochures. MINIUSA decided that no wheels should be in common between the standard Cooper and the Cooper S.

Still, you can follow MINIAC's advice and contact MINIUSA to tell them you want the the 5-stars back available for the S.

·
Registered
106 Posts
Where exactly on the website is the build your own bit? I can't seem to see it, but that could be something strange about my computer...

·
Registered
930 Posts
From the main homepage, go to the top menus. Select "Build Your Own" and pull down that menu and you can choose either the Cooper or Cooper S (or choose a saved car).

·
Registered
98 Posts
A couple of oddities. You can only get the Electric Blue with a black or body colored roof. The colors still look like crap.It is nice that it only lets you get white stripes with a white roof and black stripes with a black roof.

·
Moderator & Sponsor
3,758 Posts
jwilk said:
A couple of oddities. You can only get the Electric Blue with a black or body colored roof. The colors still look like crap.It is nice that it only lets you get white stripes with a white roof and black stripes with a black roof.
Actually EB with white is possible on the site. But the software seems to lock up sometimes when selecting roof colors - seems to be left over as of the prohibition on getting Pure Silver with a white roof or something like that.

Try again and you'll see you can have Electric Blue with white, black or EB roof. :)

·
Registered
184 Posts
Cooper colors on the S

Does anybody know if you can get the Cooper colors on the S? I was considering the Velvet Red and it doesn't look like you can get there on the build your own page.

:confused:

·
Registered
930 Posts
No, I don't think you can. I believe they are adding Velvet Red, gold, and the Pepper White later this year or next year..........these are colors for the Cooper only I think.

·
Moderator & Sponsor
3,758 Posts
Re: Cooper colors on the S

stanMINI said:
Does anybody know if you can get the Cooper colors on the S? I was considering the Velvet Red and it doesn't look like you can get there on the build your own page.

:confused:
There are some colors that are shared between the Cooper and the Cooper S (Chili Red for example) -- but some other colors are exclusive to each model. Velvet Red is only for the Cooper, not the S.

The miniusa.com site is accurate in letting you know which is which under the Build Your Own section.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts