MINI Cooper Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
After much (and I mean a LOT) of deliberating with myself over options, color, etc., I finally placed my order today with Jarid with Rasmussen Mini in Oregon. Here goes:

-Hyper blue w/ white bonnet stripes
-Panther black leather interior
-black top
-cold weather package
-Sport Package with performance tires
-chrome line exterior
-cruise control w/ multi-function steering wheel
-center armrest
-automatic a/c
-on-board computer
-wind deflector

Now I just need the next 6 months to hurry up! Jarid says they are running about 6 months in order to get the order, process it, get the car built and finished. He was really patient with me through the whole process, as I changed my idea on the color from blue, to black, back to blue, back to black (again), and finally to blue.

I've decided to fly up there from here (California) and drive it back...late april/early may should be perfect weather for a road trip!

·
Track addict
5,960 Posts
Axtell said:
After much ........
I've decided to fly up there from here (California) and drive it back...late april/early may should be perfect weather for a road trip!

Sounds nice. My order was supposed to take 7 months, it arrived in 4. So you might be going there earlier... ;)

·
MINI2 No.1
42,467 Posts
Sounds like a nice spec. I'm sure the wait will fly by.

OK, the last bit was a lie, the wait might feel like it's taking forever. But the good news is I'm sure it will all be worth it when you finalyl go get the car!

:D

·
Registered
514 Posts
On the bright side, just think of all the time you'll have to change your mind :D :D
With new 05 options like LSD, the new rims, rear fogs, etc. there likely to be all kinds of great ways to spend more money between now and when it goes to production. ;)

·
Registered
127 Posts
Nice Specs

Very similar to my car except in blue. I don't think you can get the armrest though. It has been deleted from US spec cars. Not sure why. I'm still waiting on my car to go from "on order" to "scheduled for production". Just asked my MA to add the rear fog light to my order. Hope he can do it in time.

·
Registered
514 Posts
I just sent a note to my MA asking him to add the rear fogs. He wrote back and said that due to CA and OR restrictions, they weren't available from the factory. I sent him the link to the article on motoring files along with option code, so hopefully he'll be able to order it. Last week my production status was "112" so production is close to starting. I too hope he can get the rear fogs added. It's worth the $$ just to have a full set of toggle switches. :)

·
Registered
401 Posts
wind deflector

I'd remove the wind deflector and save yourself 450 bucks. My mini dealer personally told me, it was no way near worth that money and isnt needed. So far even at driving at 75 mph with the roof down and people in the back, we didn't seem to have a wind issue.

Howard

·
Registered
153 Posts
howardpm said:
I'd remove the wind deflector and save yourself 450 bucks. My mini dealer personally told me, it was no way near worth that money and isnt needed. So far even at driving at 75 mph with the roof down and people in the back, we didn't seem to have a wind issue.

Howard

Thankyou so much Howardpm, i was wondering how fast you could go with the roof down and now i know hahahhaah :) This is the normal speed i drive at on the motorways here and not having the wind in my hair is really a cool thing :)

by the way :p how fast can you go before the car starts to feel like riding a motorbike without wearing your helmit :) Has anyone mentioned this anywhere :)

Cheers

Roman

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I added in the limited slip differential...something I went back and forth over, and knew in the end if I didn't have it, it would be one of those things I'd have regretted not ordering.

Car still supposed to be here on time...I just need the time to pass faster!

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
One final change...added in the hyper blue dash/door treatments...be a nice way to spice up the interior a bit more!

Now, need this time to hurry up and get passed by!

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Speaker Sizes

I asked this question a bit ago, and didn't really receive a definitive answer.

I am killing the time until my cabrio s gets here, and I know I want a better system than what even the HK system can offer.

I've called the ASK-MINI number, and they informed me that the speaker sizes are 6" speakers in the doors along with a 1" tweeter, and a 6"x9" in the rear.

I know the front grilles are about 5 1/4" in size, and the rear grille is a round 6" variety.

Has anyone upgraded their speakers and know what sizes they are? I am seriously considering the polk momo 6.5" component set for the front, and the momo 6.5" coaxial for the rear, along with an alpine 4channel amplifier.

Any help would be greatly appreciated. My plan is to have the gear all purchased before hand, and drive my mini from the lot the installation bay the first day.

Thanks!

1 - 11 of 11 Posts