MINI Cooper Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
121 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Right, stop, calm down! I'm not going to even try to antagonise anyone here ok! :rolleyes:

Has anyone looked into a MINI vs' mini shoot out day, at say Santa Pod, kinda of in the spirit of the Mini vs Beetle days.

Grouping cars so as to even it up etc. My lot on www.realmini.co.uk would be more than willing to challenge a group of MINI2's finest!

Anyone up for it?

Could be a laugh! :cool:

·
Registered
5,956 Posts
BrianMini said:
Right, stop, calm down! I'm not going to even try to antagonise anyone here ok! :rolleyes:

Has anyone looked into a MINI vs' mini shoot out day, at say Santa Pod, kinda of in the spirit of the Mini vs Beetle days.

Grouping cars so as to even it up etc. My lot on www.realmini.co.uk would be more than willing to challenge a group of MINI2's finest!

Anyone up for it?

Could be a laugh! :cool:
Too late, your web site address is contentious for starters..........:D

·
Registered
113 Posts
Didnt you watch Top Gear last night :)

Classic Mini Cooper S vs John Cooper Works MINI Cooper

Thruxton I believe it was.

Cars rev, light goes green, Classic Mini drops a valve after 1 corner.

MINI Cooper Works goes on to provide Tiff Needel with much enjoyment.

Dave

PS - to be fair Mini did pull in front of MINI just before dropping the valve. :)

PPS - all intended in good humour - please dont take it any other way :)

·
Registered
121 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
baldie said:
Didnt you watch Top Gear last night :)
Cars rev, light goes green, Classic Mini drops a valve after 1 corner.
Strange though that we never saw the car drop its valve! They showed the start, the Mini flys past the MINI on the first Corner and then they cut to Tiff doing the next lap and the mini is in the pits!

What i'd like to know is, did the mini really drop a valve or was it pulled for BMW Press reasons.

·
Registered
632 Posts
Ah! Ha!

BrianMini said:

Strange though that we never saw the car drop its valve! They showed the start, the Mini flys past the MINI on the first Corner and then they cut to Tiff doing the next lap and the mini is in the pits!

What i'd like to know is, did the mini really drop a valve or was it pulled for BMW Press reasons.
Ah! Ha!

Here you are BrianMini, now I understand, now I see where you`re coming from - you don`t rate ABS, or need it, because you don`t like progress!

Why didn`t you come out and say as much in the thread next door? ;)

You`re not exactly too keen on the new MINI then?

Anyway, I agree with you, as I said elsewhere, that I thought the Mini on TopGear might have been nobbled.

·
Registered
121 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Shhhht! Don't tell anyone but i think the new MINI is ok! :eek:

Just that some of the owners i've spoken too are a bit on the arrogant side, but since my account has been activated and i've been able to talk to some of you i've changed my opinion a bit.

Its just the moderators that are arrogant! :D

Oh aye, and progress isn't always for the better! Look at the Enola Gay! erm, dunno about the spelling! :cool:

·
Charity Hero
68 Posts
I personally would love to see a race between the classic and a new mini, it would be very entertaining.

Out of interest why are people still arguing over what car is best, i think they are both very nice both with their plus and minus pionts, but we have to remember they are just cars!!

Don't take it to heart ;)

Let the good times roll!

·
Moderator & Sponsor
358 Posts
BrianMini said:
Its just the moderators that are arrogant! :D

Oh aye, and progress isn't always for the better! Look at the Enola Gay! erm, dunno about the spelling! :cool:
Oy! watch it Brian or I shalt smite thee with my God-like powers..;) (I can do a mean burning bush when I have to!)

Seriously though, I suspect this could be a reference to me after I made a dig at you for an earlier post?..My only excuse is that I saw the whole MINI v mini drama flash before my eyes again (and it wasn't a pretty sight I can tell you..:))

As for the Enola Gay?..that was a plane wasn't it? Granted it had a dodgy cargo but....anyway as Basil Faulty once said.."don't mention the war"..;):):)

·
Registered
121 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
I'm having a dig at moderators in General not your good self, afterall i'm moderator/owner of realmini.co.uk and since registering the domain i've gotten very arrogant! :p

·
Registered
5,956 Posts
Dogger said:

Oy! watch it Brian or I shalt smite thee with my God-like powers..;) (I can do a mean burning bush when I have to!)

Seriously though, I suspect this could be a reference to me after I made a dig at you for an earlier post?..My only excuse is that I saw the whole MINI v mini drama flash before my eyes again (and it wasn't a pretty sight I can tell you..:))

As for the Enola Gay?..that was a plane wasn't it? Granted it had a dodgy cargo but....anyway as Basil Faulty once said.."don't mention the war"..;):):)
Did someone say "Basil".......

·
Registered
632 Posts
Zzzzzzzzzzzz !

BrianMini said:
. . . . and since registering the domain i've gotten very arrogant!
It`s true folks . . he can walk on water - without aquaplaning - and come to an instant stop in an emergency, without any fandangled ABS or any other modern aid!

PS: Basil is alive and well and sleeping in OZzzzzzzzzz at the moment!

I should imagine!

·
Registered
266 Posts
Dogger said:

I think Dogger has just found a new solution to the Cold Nob problem ;)

·
Registered
5,956 Posts
Well, someone stuffed it into the vaults, I only found it by chance, coz for some reason I don't always get e-mails when someone replies to a thread.......

1 - 20 of 20 Posts