MINI Cooper Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 48 Posts

·
total MINI . com
34,893 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Right, time to draw a winner from the 86 people who have paid up so far for their Charity Ball tickets before the mid-November deadline, the winner gets their ticket free of charge, owrth £35, or if they'd rather bring another person just a free ticket for someone new to the list.

We need to be fair and transparent so I need the help of some of you ..................

First off I need a volunteer to take copy of the list of names - the first person to send me a page with their email address on it will get the list in excel format , one rule .............. you can't be one of the Ball attendees .........

on your marks , get set , go .........................

(better than the lottery this :D )

And while we wait resposnes please view our main thread for details of this great event, if you're not all ready registered to attend then hurry up and do so, it's gongi to be a blast ........ http://www.mini2.com/forum/showthread.php?t=55779

·
Now what have I done????
2,704 Posts
Volunteer to do the dirty deed?

Ok - I volunteer!

I'm in Luxembourg, and can't make the ball, alas. So I'm more than happy to take all the flak from all the disgruntled losers!

Now what was it you want me to do?

Ian

·
total MINI . com
34,893 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Right - email sent to Brummie with a list of all those who have paid for their Ball ticket, against each of those people is a number - ooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo :D Now Chris - you need to keep a hold of that list until we revveal the lucky number, the name against that number will be the winner of the free Ball ticket (does that help Ginger ;) )

But ........ just in case Brummie has any favourites on MINI" who he might favour ( booo hissss, cheat :p ) we need another volunteer to be Keeper of the List ( sounds like a Monty Python sketch now :confused: )

So ................ I now need anotehr person to page me with their email address, same rule - non Ball attendees only :)

·
total MINI . com
34,893 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
okey dokey - so Dalboyne and Brummie have a copy of all the paid up folks todate , we now need to generate a number between 1 and 86 to decide the winner so ................

So how can we do this fairly ............................. with no chance of prejudice ....................... I have a cunning plan.

Brummie is a Liverpool fan so we can add some excitement to his team's game in Europe tonight (dalboyne - not sure who you support but it would be great if it's Monaco :D :D )

So .................. Monaco V Liverpool , tonight Tuesday 23/11/04 - the minute of the game (as listed on BBC TV Teletext) the first allowed goal is scored will be the lucky number, and whomevers name is next to that number wins the free ticket. If it is a no score draw then number 1 will be deemed the winner, and if the goal is scored in the 87, 88, 89, 90 minute then 86 will be deemed the winner.

All fair ?

·
Now what have I done????
2,704 Posts
Not bad, though I fear that No 86 might find the odds stacked in their favour!

And if it's 0-0 at full time.....??

·
total MINI . com
34,893 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
SoggyCornFlakes said:
If it is a no score draw then number 1 will be deemed the winner, and if the goal is scored in the 87, 88, 89, 90 minute then 86 will be deemed the winner.
phew .......... yes I did cover 0-0 ................. number 1 gets it

1 - 20 of 48 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.