MINI Cooper Forum banner

Regardless of who you'd like to win, who do you THINK will win the Federal election?

• John Howard's Liberal Party

Votes: 20 66.7%
  • Mark Latham's Labour Party

Votes: 10 33.3%
1 - 20 of 74 Posts

·
1st MINI Owner in QLD !!!
2,468 Posts
The Nationals...

The National Mini Owners Party :D

·
Twincharge???
2,227 Posts
Wouldn't make much difference whoever wins - Libs keep arguing Lathan doesn't know his $ stuff while the Libs bluffing it's important to sustain what we've got right now but they didn't quite explain how are they gonna do it..I'd take a risk and let's see how this L-plater/Latham gonna be.

·
Smurfing Around
42,086 Posts
Red&blackS said:
There are only a few rules I live by - never discuss the women you bed, and your political affiliation.

Todd
I'm a bit of a swinger, but it doesn't really matter what I vote here as Newcastle is one of the safest Labour seats in the country. Bloody idiots, that's why nothing ever happens here - Labour doesn't care because they know they will win anyway, and Liberal doesn't care because they know they won't win anyway :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad:

·
Gone Old School
745 Posts
Honest John!!!! bahahhahahhahahha what a load of SHITE!!!!
Please can someone throw John Howard Overboard!!!!!

Get rid of this dishonest, discriminate, bigotted, lying old man! He is not the reason for the stable economy! Costello is! We have moved so far the to the right that it makes me PUKE!
HEY MR HOWARD, giving into the church on every wish aint gonna get a DIPS#$T like you into heaven.
Small Joke time! "a man dies and arrives at the gates of Heaven, when he looks up at the gates he see's two clocks. One is on midnight and the other is at 1201. With a confused look on his face he asks the Angel at the gates whats the clocks for. The angel says in return, "Everyone gets a clock, and every lie you tell moves you forward a minute". The man then asks so who's clock is that one on the right (1200) The angel replies " oh that is Nelson Mandella's" then the man asks so the one of the left is for who? the angel replies" that is Fred Hollows. Ohh said the man... So where is John Howards??? The angel replies with a a very embarrased blushing look on its face... "Jesus is using it as a Ceiling Fan"

As Far as Labour is concerned i think they are far more socioeconomically responsible and will create a far greater level of ballance in the community. They would really have to FUBAR in a big way to stuff up the economy and from the maths i have done on what Labour is planning they are not going to spend as much as Liberal.

Liberals have had enough time to turn us into a replica of the US... time to become Aussies again!

·
my second passion, a tin!
729 Posts
I like a man who stands by his convictions and is not afraid to let 'em fly:D

·
Registered
3,576 Posts
Food for thought !

So much more relevant with the recent budget / election scenario
You've heard the cry in the past "It's just a tax cut for the rich!"
and it is accepted as fact. But what does that really mean?
The following explanation may help.

Suppose that every day, 10 men go out for dinner. The bill for all 10 comes to $100. They decided to pay their bill the way we pay our taxes, and it went like this:
The first four men (the poorest) paid nothing.
The fifth paid $1.
The sixth $3.
The seventh $7.
The eighth $12.
The ninth $18.
The tenth man (the richest) paid $59.
All 10 were quite happy with the arrangement, until one day, the owner said:
"Since you are all such good customers, I'm going to reduce the cost of your
daily meal by $20."
So now dinner for the 10 only cost $80. The group still wanted to pay their bill the way we pay our taxes.
The first four men were unaffected. They would still eat for free. But how should the other six,the paying customers, divvy up the $20 windfall so that everyone would get his "fair share"?
They realized that $20 divided by six is $3.33. But if they subtracted that from everybody's share, then the fifth and sixth men would each end up being paid to eat.
The restaurateur suggested reducing each man's bill by roughly the same percentage, thus:
The fifth man, like the first four, now paid nothing (100% saving).
The sixth paid $2 instead of $3 (33% saving).
The seventh paid $5 instead of $7 (28% saving).
The eighth paid $9 instead of $12 (25% saving).
The ninth paid $14 instead of $18 (22% saving).
The tenth paid $49 instead of $59 (16% saving).

Each of the six was better off, and the first four continued to eat for free, but outside the restaurant, the men began to compare their savings.
"I only got a dollar out of the $20," declared the sixth man. He pointed to the tenth man "but he got $10!". "That's right," exclaimed the fifth man.
"I only saved a dollar too. It's unfair that he got ten times more than me!" "That's true!" shouted the seventh man. "Why should he get $10 back when I got only $2? The wealthy get all the breaks! "Wait a minute," yelled the first four men in unison. "We didn't get anything at all. The system exploits the poor!".

The nine men surrounded the tenth and beat him up.

The next night the tenth man didn't show up for dinner. The nine sat down and ate without him, but when they came to pay the bill, they discovered that they didn't have enough money between all of them for even half of it.

That, boys and girls, journalists and college professors, is how our tax system works. The people who pay the highest taxes get the most benefit from a tax reduction. Tax them too much, attack them for being wealthy, and they just may not show up at the table anymore.

(mind you it's the rich people who hire the squillions of accountants to 'creatively' manage their wealth and pay next to no tax......)

·
I am Jacks wasted life
557 Posts
I'm sure if someone was bored enough they could use the same statistics to prove the opposite as well :p

I should vote liberal, but I just cannot stand John Howard, he's been a constant embarassment since they day he took office..so i'll i vote labour.. but i think the liberals will win :( The smear campaign and draggin up irrelevant, distorted "facts" to defame Latham has been pretty effective.. from what i've seen everyone i know and speak to from all areas have pretty much said they're voting liberal.. or they're crackpots and voting for some irrelevant party and wasting thier vote :p hehe... i rekon the labour party shoulda used some choice quotes from Howard about his distates for Asians from back in the day.. haha they woulda been the funniest ads ever

1 - 20 of 74 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.