MINI Cooper Forum banner

1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
927 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
With over 1300 members and counting ... how many are located in Pennsylvania in the USA?:)

·
Registered
261 Posts
I'm in Doylestown PA. Did you order a MINI? From where?:cool:

·
Registered
927 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Not yet - because Ottos in West Chester was only compiling an "interest list" (I was #95 back in August). I just found out from the MINIUSA dealer locater that Ottos dealership is now not scheduled to open until June. So I'm going to be calling Don Rosen. Hate to think how many are on that list!!

·
Registered
261 Posts
I'm one of them, but I signed up in July. I like the way they have treated me so far, with all of my questions. :)

·
Registered
927 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
rdcrdc3; spoolin'

Are you on the list for Coopers or S's?? Or is it a combined list? I keep leaving phone messages at Don Rosen's - but nobody calls me back.

I'm just interested in a Cooper. Should be enough for me (I had a 850 Morris Mini in the 60's).

·
Registered
60 Posts
Try this 610-688-2200 ext. 1129. Fax 610-667-2158 these are the numbers for Joseph Torres at Don Rosen. He was the sales person who helped me out.Hope this helps you. By the way im down for a Cooper.

·
Registered
927 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
rdcrdc3

Ed Kress, sales Manager at Don Rosen's, called me back last night.I visited him today and gave him my refundable deposit for a MINI COOPER (@ MSRP). #29 on the Cooper list!!:D :D :D

·
Registered
72 Posts
I'm here in Philadelphia.I was disappointed to hear that Don Rosen will be the local dealership to handle the MINI.You couldn't pay me any amount of money to buy a car from his dealership.I will most likely wait until Otto's is taking orders for the exact cat that I want.I don't have to be the first on my block to own a MINI.I can wait.I guess I could try Princeton BMW(MINI).I would like to have a MINI tee shirt right now.I would like to wear it to my TRIUMPH club meets.

·
Registered
927 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
oilman930

Sounds like you have some history with Don Rosen!

·
Registered
72 Posts
My history with Don Rosen BMW,is that I don't have a history with Don Rosen BMW.Let me explain.I went in there to talk to them about buying a 318Ti.I waited in the middle of the showroom,and waited,and waited,and waited.I went up to the women at the front desk,and asked her to page a salesman.No one would talk to me.I was told no one would talk to me,because the way I was dressed,I didn't look like money was doing the talking,so no one would bother with me.I went in to buy a car,and no one wanted to take my money.Don Rosen can choke on his BMW's before I would buy one from him.A friend from work,his father works at Don Rosen BMW,in formed me that this happens a lot there.

·
Registered
927 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
oilman930:

Sorry to hear that no one wanted to take your money.

Hopefully, the MINI franchise will be staffed by a different type of salesperson!!:D

·
Registered
808 Posts
On List @ Otto's

I'm in Philadelphia as well. I am on the list for a Cooper S at Otto's however. I have a few friends who have had bad shopping/buying and service experiences there. Everyone seems to like Otto's so that's where I got on the list. Also the sales person I spoke with at Otto's seemed quite a bit more friendly than the one I spoke with at Don Rosen.

I was just in Germany and spent 2 days at the Essen Motor Show. Picked up a couple of cool Cooper S brochures a MINI hat and some other stuff. Had a chance to actually sit in a Cooper, MINI One and a Cooper S. I was impressed with both the Cooper and Cooper S. Was in Munich a few days later and stopped by Munich MINI too.

Jason

·
Registered
102 Posts
Mini in Philly

If any of you philly area guys would like to see a MINI Cooper (2002) immediately, you can come to the Philly region autocross on Saturday, January 26th. It is held on the Camden Waterfront, directly south of the Ben Franklin Bridge.

My company, Helix Motorsports, has imported a MINI from Sweden to do performance upgrade r&d. As it sits now, it is bone stock, but by Saturday is should have auto-x tires, a proper alignment and some dynomometer base runs. Some of the quickest autocrossers around (I'm not one of them) will be shaking it down. I an extremely encouraged by the car's bone stock handling. This car has not been over-hyped: we have a go-kart coming our way this spring!

If you need directions, please don't hesitate to email me at [email protected].

·
Registered
261 Posts
Woo-Hoo! I'm there! :D

·
Summer Splasher
675 Posts
Pennsy ex

Well, I used to live outside Reading, Pennsylvania, Wyomissing, to be exact, and went to college in Lancaster(driving a 1071 Cooper S) but have since moved to Norwalk, Connecticut.
But, I still feel very close to Pennsylvania and get back to Reading area frequently.
WIsh I could go to that autocross, but have special plans that weekend.
Interested to know what aftermarket goodies you are planning, Eric. If you can keep up with other US tuners, I would be inclined to visit your shop.

Anyone else around Reading area?

·
Registered
283 Posts
I'm in Mt. Laurel, NJ but I grew up in Abington PA. I'm 12th on the list at Princeton BMW for the Cooper and 58th for the S.

On Friday they had a Cooper at Princeton for us to look at but not drive. I can't wait to pick mine up in April!

·
Registered
261 Posts
Is it still there?

·
Registered
283 Posts
The car was only there for a few hours. The Eastern Mini Rep has it. She covers your area too so you could probably get your dealer to get her to bring it there. Her name is Sivia Shoeman. Hopefully you can see it.

1 - 20 of 29 Posts