MINI Cooper Forum banner
1 - 20 of 44 Posts

·
MINI2 No.1
42,467 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
We now offer NOCHEX (Pounds sterling only) as a payment option option for those wanting to sign up for Privilege Membership but not wanting to use or sign up for PayPal. I have been told this works whereever you are in the world, but there's just no other currency option at the moment.

Setting up of your membership may not be 100% instant as it is with PayPal, but you account will be updated within 24 hours if you sign up with NOCHEX.

Thank you!

Paul

·
...where´s the any-key?
23,182 Posts
I was having an argument today with a lecturer about Pay Pal. They use it all the time and couldn't get round why I was so against it.:p But I don't even understand myself sometimes because I buy loads off the web.:rolleyes: Anyway I'm not alone.:D I'll give the NOCHEX a go then.;)

·
Yatta!!
8,313 Posts
LMB said:
I was having an argument today with a lecturer about Pay Pal. They use it all the time and couldn't get round why I was so against it.:p But I don't even understand myself sometimes because I buy loads off the web.:rolleyes: Anyway I'm not alone.:D I'll give the NOCHEX a go then.;)
Nochex is fine - but the sign-in process is a real PITA. I still have money in there from the last transfer of funds :rolleyes: , as it seems to be less popular on eBay that it was 6 months ago. . :confused:

·
Yatta!!
8,313 Posts
LMB said:
Oh I may just bight the bullet with Pay Pal. I can't be doing with hassle.:p
I want to like Nochex more - but you have to "load" money into the account and enter part of the registered CC details each time you enter the site. I guess it's more secure than PayPal as it's more hassle :D

·
...where´s the any-key?
23,182 Posts
ABG said:
I want to like Nochex more - but you have to "load" money into the account and enter part of the registered CC details each time you enter the site. I guess it's more secure than PayPal as it's more hassle :D
We were talking about such a system in class today.:D

It seems to be used more in Europe, places like Greece.

·
50 PMs no sig group
22,285 Posts
scooperman_uk said:
hence the use of postal orders, we just get one from the jolly old Post Office and send them to paul. nice and safe.
Postal orders are no good for me (in Sweden) but I do use the internet a lot for making payments. E.g. into my VISA account or for other bills. If Paul can supply bank account details I can make the payment direct. That would work best for me :)

·
total MINI . com
34,893 Posts
I think everyone is paranoid - like some of you say , you use the net to buy things, so why not paypal :confused:

Paul has said clearly that managing manual payments or having his bank account details posted is not practical - and I can understand that as managing payments for the Ball is enough hassle as it is and that is for less numbers.

Come on - signup for Nochex or PayPal - we're all still safe and secure :rolleyes:

·
MINI2 No.1
42,467 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
scooperman_uk said:
is NoChex any more secure? Come on how about accepting Postal Orders? They are by far the safest form of payment?
You trust the Post Office?

:p

We have two options now, and if they don't suit then I'm afraid for now people will just not be able to join.

As many others have said, I've been using PayPal for years with no problem, but now offer Nochex as an alternative for those who for whatever reason they have don't like or want to use PayPal.

Giving out my bank details to people online to pay me isn't really practical or something I'd want to do, I then have to check my account, match the payments to the people, update your account on here, remind you when renewall is due myself and so on and so forth.

I also cant afford to invest in online merchant accounts and CC handling etc, which would be another alternative, and probably still not to everyone tastes.

:D

·
GEEEEEEEEK
9,069 Posts
thanks for putting the nochex option in ive just used it it took five minutes to do and you dont even have to register i just clicked on the privalege link on mini2 and proceded to nochex clicked on make a one off payment and it was easy from there on in

:D :D :D

·
50 PMs no sig group
22,285 Posts
This is no big deal - but just some comments on these two sites since I've decided to take the plunge :D

1. PayPal. Wasn't able to verify my address - either because I have a UK card and Swedish address or because of the special Swedish characters in my address. Then it wanted me to sign up for Expanded Use (transfer of unlimited funds etc) which seemed to me unnecessary. It also only gave me an account with Dollar, Euro and Kronor currency options - no sterling. I tried to re-setup the card but then it got blocked so I gave up and cancelled the account. Maybe it's because of my UK/Sweden situation but it wasn't happy with me!! :(

2. NoChex. Couldn't use the one-off option since I couldn't enter a country - it assumed UK only. So I've set up an account properly (where I could enter a country) and am waiting on verification. Seems BarclayCard take their time processing authorisations. Bob, you live in Northampton can you go and have a word? :D

Anyway, I'm keeping my fingers crossed with NoChex. Hopefully I will have been able to sign up by Monday :D

·
can i go home yet
2,568 Posts
Paul Mullett said:
BTW (I just had to get this confirmed, it was a while since we tested it) that you do NOT have to register for NOCHEX, you can just make a one off secure payment, that's what Abi and Fevs have done.

:D
seems like that is about as close as it will get to you having a merchant account so will give it a go :)

1 - 20 of 44 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.