MINI Cooper Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Clio 197 R27
2,235 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just found this amusing post on Renault Sport forums... enjoy:D

(http://www.renaultsport.co.uk/community/forum/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=71&FORUM_ID= 7)

"Hi all. New to the forum, I had a 172 for a while then was forced into a BMW (Company car), Can't stand the beemer so have opt'd out of the Company car and taking delivery of a Brand New 182 with sport pack in a couple of weeks. Can't wait!! Has anyone found the Mini Cooper forum by mistake. I did the other day. Found their forum as they were discussing whats better, the Clio 172/182/cup or the Mini Cooper S. They were all making funny comments about how popular the Clio's are. Errrrrr like there aren't many mini's on the road!!!! If you do a search in Google for clio 182 for should find it. Worth a look if only to see how stupid they all sound!!"

This is the culprit : (google search suggested by clio driver!)

MINI2 Forums - Top Gear - Sunday evenings BBC2 [Back on 11 July ...

... by Parc77 Clio 182 carpets like dog kennels - cheap crap plastics - built terribly - goes v well - resale value not good - falls to bits - oh and its a Renault ...
www.mini2.com/forum/showthread. php?goto=lastpost&t=58465 - 101k - Cached - Similar:bad:pages

·
1st MINI Owner in QLD !!!
2,467 Posts
Poor misguided soul :(

I don't see any "The French Job" starting Clio's :D

·
Registered
132 Posts
The Clio is a nice car just don't get in and drive it for any length of time it will just fall apart! I know I had one.
And the reason it is so cheap (and this is coming from a Renault Mech) they have put so many cheap parts on the car to cut costs they have already budgeted for more than 50% coming back for parts to be changed in the next 3 years.

·
Registered
2,319 Posts
Who would make such a statement :D

like one person on there said - I just did it to make a statement the only serious people on there buy the JCW

Yeah he must be right - I have no interest in cars what so ever - there just fashion statements

I dont like cars and I dont follow motorsport - I dont do Mini runs - and torque steer is when your steering wheel talks to you isnt it :D

Was this guy on TopGear yesterday saying Fiats were French? obviously there made in Iraq thats why Trabant own them :D :( :) :O

·
The Hartge Experience
1,032 Posts
Right, i looked at the 182, test drove both the 182 and the cooperS, chose the cooperS. Handles better, goes about the same (7.2secs vs 7.1 - big wop), more tunable,looks better, more wanted, not french, doesnt brake down. as much, lol!

·
my ponies have escaped!!!
4,955 Posts
Does the 182 stand for the amount of problems you will encounter before you take it out of the showroom?

Or is it simply how many convictions the average Clio driver racks up in a year

:D

·
The Hartge Experience
1,032 Posts
scooby212 said:
Does the 182 stand for the amount of problems you will encounter before you take it out of the showroom?

Or is it simply how many convictions the average Clio driver racks up in a year

:D
lol - yup, 182 reasons why not to get the 182 over the mcs :p

·
Hillbilly boy
1,214 Posts
182 ermmmm.........more mini 2 members joining mini2.com per week than the clio forums...

how many more '182' gags can we get then ????? :D

nickbardsley said:
They were all making funny comments about how popular the Clio's are. Errrrrr like there aren't many mini's on the road!!!! If you do a search in Google for clio 182 for should find it. Worth a look if only to see how stupid they all sound!!"
Now who looks stupid ???

Mini 2ers = 1

Clio 182ers = 0

Billy

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
About this Discussion
13 Replies
11 Participants
Billy Smart
MINI Cooper Forum
Join our Mini Cooper Forums to talk about your new Mini. From reviews, mods, accessories, reliability concerns and more, this Mini Owners Club is full of info!
Full Forum Listing