MINI Cooper Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Minis at Sears Point! BRG and Indi pics inside!

After a mostly failed attempt to scope out the 3Com Mini training (thought it was on Sunday, when in reality it's on Monday), a buddy of mine and I decided to crash the Mini event at Sears Point. We didn't think we'd be able to get past security, but since the event was pretty much over (~4pm) we, unlike mini_girl, weren't stopped by anybody and were able to waltz right on in. There were two BEAUTIFUL Coopers on display, showing off all of the aftermarket stuff for the Mini. One was British Racing Green with a white checkerboard top and the other was Indi Blue and sported an American flag on the roof. Both Coopers had, amongst other things, clear tail lights, front grille driving lights (or whatever they're called), a black mesh-type front grille, bonnet stripes, BBS RXII look-alike wheels, and the factory aero kit. The BRG Cooper had the roof rack installed as well.

First off, let me say that Indi Blue is spectacular! I'm getting that color on my S for sure! very deep in the shadows and brilliantly electric in the highlights. BRG was much more muted, and almost looked black from some angles, as you can tell by the pictures. Its a very nice color, but would be best suited for brightly lit days. The BBS look-alike (they may have been actual BBS wheels, but I'm not sure) looked great on the cars and gave them a very sporty look. The factory aero kit was nice, even though the rear is a bit overdone. The side skirts and front air dam, on the other hand, look fantastic in person. I didn't car much for the mesh-style front grille, but the driving lamps suit the car nicely, especially with those bonnet stripes sprucing up the hood. The tan interior on the BRG car look FANTASTIC, and would be a superb choice for anyone sticking with the standard seats. Wish it was available on the sport seats as well. The tan carpet may get a tad dirty, but what the hell.

After about 5 minutes of walking around, we were told (very nicely) by a Mini rep that they were taking down the tents and that, since this was a closed private event, we'd have to leave. On the way back to our cars, tails between our legs, we noticed a Dark Silver Cooper S with a black roof, a combo which I hadn't seen before. It looked nice, but I think that the white top suites the darker colors much better.

So, that was that. Managed to snap some good pics before getting kicked out, which you can find at the link below. My buddy Loki got some nice ones too, which I'm sure he'll post soon.

Minis at Sears Point album...

Let me know if you have any questions!

Cheers,

Kevin
'00 M Coupe
'02 Indy Blue Mini Cooper S (want it even more now!)

·
Registered
218 Posts
omg

Amazing...

You just sold the BRG. What a damn hot car...

or wait... Indie Blue... gorgeous....

hrm!

sixfoot6

·
Registered
530 Posts
Got those clear tail lights on my
Indy Blue - white roofed Cooper...
But the dont come cheap..paid 375 euro for those.
Its not just the white covers ya get but complete new units.
I think i like the chrome front more.

Catch Ya Later,

Cooper I Do

·
Registered
5,722 Posts
Great pictures :cool: :cool: :cool:
the cars always look the dogs in the sunny weather :D :D :D
And I take it that must be your Z3M in some of the pictures :confused: :rolleyes:

·
Registered
785 Posts
The wheels on that Indie Blue definitely appear to be the MINI accessory wheels that we WILL be offered here in the states. I've already seen a part number on them. Keep in mind, "Accessory" wheels are generally more expensive and you are usually purchasing them extra, in other words, you end up with two sets of wheels.
You will be able to get those wheels from MINI, but if I had to guess, they'll cost about $325-$350 each.

·
Registered
930 Posts
Terrific pics!! Both the BRG and Indi Blue are gorgeous...........but the blue takes the cake for me.

Absolutely love those BBS-style wheels. If I can swing it, I'd sure like to have those on my Indi/White Cooper S!!

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 · (Edited)
smiffy said:
Great pictures :cool: :cool: :cool:
the cars always look the dogs in the sunny weather :D :D :D
And I take it that must be your Z3M in some of the pictures :confused: :rolleyes:
Glad you liked 'em! :) The cars really do look spectacular in the sunlight, especially the metallic ones. I have no idea what was up with that seat. It looked as though it may have been a seat cover made to protect the easily-dirtied tan driver's seat.

Yup, that's my baby. It'll be goin' away soon to make room for the Cooper S and a spec Miata race car. I'll be sad to see it go, but sometimes you gotta do what you gotta do...

Cheers,

Kevin

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Also just noticed that the BRG and Indi Blue models have Euro-spec interiors (notice the shelf in place of the glove box), but the US reflectors on the fenders. Odd... :confused:

·
Registered
451 Posts
Good Eye!

Originally posted by smiffy

MINI production living up to its standards again:confused: :confused:
Even with my good eye for detail, I missed that the first time around, and so did others by the lack of comment here. Most likely a parts shortage at the last minute, prevented matching front seats--right? Or maybe its just a MINI sampler--saves from having one of each interior on the showroom floor--right?:rolleyes:

·
Moderator & Sponsor
3,758 Posts
Kevin_B said:
Also just noticed that the BRG and Indi Blue models have Euro-spec interiors (notice the shelf in place of the glove box), but the US reflectors on the fenders. Odd... :confused:
I think that can be explained by the fact the glove box designs were only finalized this past Fall. To me that means those two cars are pre-production US-market specials that have been bouncing around for a while.

BTW, great pictures!

·
Registered
5,956 Posts
Wonderful pictures. Thank you very much. Whats more impressive is that your S is being considered when you already have an M Coupe !!!.

Fantastic........

That Indi blue one, looks fantastic.....

:)

1 - 15 of 15 Posts