MINI Cooper Forum banner

1 - 20 of 39 Posts

·
Registered
311 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hi,
not sure if there's already a thread on this but wanted to know if anyone has used their MINI as part of their wedding (or as a wedding car)......spent all of yesterday trying to decide whether it is practical...:confused:
...was trying to keep costs down so thought it might be cool to have my mini as the main car...:puzzled:

..any thoughts

·
Registered
9,661 Posts
Me and a few friends on here used our MINI's at another friends wedding back in 2004.
Pics looked brill :cool:

·
You've just been totalled
6,860 Posts
I'm gonna have either a MINI or a Rolls Royce Phantom for my Wedding :)

Long way away I know, but you gotta plan these things :D:D

·
Registered
3,630 Posts
I'm doing it!

We've got 2 park lanes in the family so Shawn and his best man are arriving in ours and dad is driving me and Mum in his - bridesmaids are arriving in my sisters Yellow One. Going to be adorable. We're going to put ribbons all over them like wedding cars and having them all parked together on the drive of our national trust venue! LOVELY and I can't imagine anything else!

I've not got a very big poofy dress so it will work in the passenger seat of the MINI! Might have to do a dress rehersal just to be sure but only got a 10 min drive to the venue from the hotel anyway.

Do it you'll be so happy you did so much better than a boring rolls royce!!

When are you getting married? Our wedding is 08/08/08 so will post pics of the wedding cars for you after we come back from our honeymoon! Exciting!

·
Banned
50,323 Posts
We'll be doing it next year, the GP will be the one that I am in, and we'll be looking to get hold of a PW convertible for the bride to arrive in:)

·
ROCKY56
29 Posts
A work colleague of mine got married a couple of years ago, they were on a bit of a budget so a couple of us offered to be chauffeurs, I drove the groom to church in my previous mini, then took the bridesmaids from the church to the reception. They all loved it!

Attachments

·
Registered
2,209 Posts
would'nt it be more special to use an Austin Allegro or maybe the bigger Princess, less of em on the road,

Personally for me, las vegas shotgun wedding with a fake elvis conducting the ceremony, its the only way to go.....lol

·
Banned
1,196 Posts
I think it's a brilliant idea!! It's the rest of your life together that matters most :) and the MINI will be a fun thing to do - I loved Paul's photos on here! If it were me I'd do it without any hesitation and maybe spend any extra money on a nice relaxing break. :wink:

·
Mini Madness
341 Posts
We spec'd our Clubman in Pepper White partly so that we could use it for our wedding last month:

Perfect use for the Club Door!!

Chris & Helen

Reactions: Shaun

·
Registered
311 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Do it!! I think its a great idea and if you can get a few then it will be something different! :D
yeah,...i was thinking that...kinda like the italian job trying to to reach the venue..
a MINI entourage would be nice!...i remember coming across a thread where they had about 4 PW minis and a PW MINI Conv for the bride.....it's a good idea

We spec'd our Clubman in Pepper White partly so that we could use it for our wedding last month:

Perfect use for the Club Door!!

Chris & Helen
...a clubman is ideal if your sitting in the back seat...it's not very lady-like if you're trying to get out the back of a normal MINI..hehe..:D

..the big day's not for another 2years....everything else's booked already (i know it's abit early)...it's just the car that im having difficulty deciding..

1 - 20 of 39 Posts