MINI Cooper Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
324 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Howdy all.
I was just reading on the News.com.au website that in Jan 05, the import duty/tax for cars is set to drop from 15% to 10%. They went on to say how some car manufacturers are including more goodies while maintaining their price, and others may reduce prices. MINI's view:
Mini: Pricing of the hardtop range was set in September and will continue into 2005.

So that means that there won't be a drop in price in the forseeable future, but will they add more extras? Maybe revise the Chilli pack?

Dutchy.

·
Boy who made the wolf cry
10,324 Posts
I think BMW had some forewarning of this, so modified the range ages ago to counteract this...

Todd

·
Registered
324 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Red&blackS said:
I think BMW had some forewarning of this, so modified the range ages ago to counteract this...

Todd
Todd,
Do you believe that this is why the Chilli pack was introduced? From rough estimates, I think I came up with about a $1000 saving from normal MCS (with all options of Chilli) to MCS Chilli.

Being up here in Darwin, I don't see any commercials for the MINI (except maybe on SBS), so I'm not sure how they are selling the fact that their prices maybe cheaper now - or more cost efficient.

Dutchy.

·
You are number 6
5,267 Posts
As long as MINI Australia continues to sell it's meagre allocation of cars each year then there is no incentive to drop the price.

·
MININUTTTA
54 Posts
agreed mike.

no reason to change things. as have so little distributed to oz.

MINI should stay strong in comparison to others who may become nervous and fold depending on how hard their hit.

T.

·
Registered
624 Posts
Dutchy said:
Todd,
Do you believe that this is why the Chilli pack was introduced? From rough estimates, I think I came up with about a $1000 saving from normal MCS (with all options of Chilli) to MCS Chilli.

Being up here in Darwin, I don't see any commercials for the MINI (except maybe on SBS), so I'm not sure how they are selling the fact that their prices maybe cheaper now - or more cost efficient.

Dutchy.
no. its not the chilli pack i believe, the actual base model of the car dropped in price as well.. as well as the chilli pack, i know it because i was affected by the price change.
as i bought the car with the chilli pack prior the price change...... so i got the dealer to throw in some goddies such as stripes, tinted windows and minor price discount again.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts