MINI Cooper Forum banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
a.k.a Handsome Rob
2,955 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I know the latest report on customer service for service of our MINI's is in the toilit. Here is why, please feel free to comment MINIUSA for once. Long Beach MINI where I purchased my MINI. O2 sensor failed after week three of purchase. They don't take cars on saturday so I had to take time off work. They checked it and told me they didn't have the part and I had to come back! WTF! That is a basic part you should carry. So thats two days I would have had taken off of work but the wife took it off instead. I also had a complaint about the passenger side speaker distortion. Claimed they fixed it but has not changed! Then the power went out and they could not give me an invoice and they said it would be mailed to me........................ Never arrived, now I have no record of that trip.

Called Bob Smith MINI to ask about V38. He never heard of such a thing and after five minutes of trying to explain it to him I decided he was a lost cause and hung up.

Universal MINI, tried those parts changers at that dealership. I have the yo yo in my MCS. They refused to down load it because they could not duplicate the problem. WTF it has it! The wife and i could duplicate all day long. Then they tried to say it already has it.
REALLY, it just came out this month and the last time my MCS was in for anything was 4 Months ago! There was other issues but this was the main one.

I don't understand your childish view of limiting repair facillities. But when half of your facillities are not worth a crap what are we supposed to do? Personaly I think the whole MINI placement was screwed up from day 1. I will be calling you on Monday! I know this is a nation wide problem. What are you going to do about it?
Tavis1 :red:

·
M5 Extraordinare!
6,796 Posts
Sorry to hear about your problems Tavis... I certainly hope MINI USA can help they seriously do need to get these dealers in check. Its sad that BMW and MINI has bad service at the dealers... they should take some lessons from Lexus.

·
Registered
645 Posts
It really comes down to your individual dealership. I've had a couple of warranty issues where the dealer went out of their way to order the part on my representation of the problem so that it was onhand even before they saw the vehicle.

Based upon the many posts on substandard dealers, I have no reason to doubt that there is a problem out there, but good dealers do exist. Check the dealer ratings and try a new one. Good Luck!

·
Registered
188 Posts
I don't believe MINIUSA cares so much.

I would look into finding a reliable Mechanic who is comfortable and even saavy around the MINI. You'll need him Post Warranty!

·
Registered
121 Posts
Tavis,

I'm so sorry to hear of your trouble - I will never forget meeting you at LBM when you were there a full week before you could pick up your new baby. You were soooo happy. Hope it all gets worked out.

My MINI has a bit of the yo-yo, but it doesn't bother me enough to want to put ver 38 on it. I'll wait for v 39 or 40 to fix the problems with v 38....

Other than that, my car has been dandy. My Mazda pickup, on the other hand, has developed 'new baby in the house' syndrome. You know, when a new baby arrives and the first child starts acting up to get attention? My truck has died, and I'm afraid it might need a new computer ($$$) - after 14 years, it acts up? And my favorite shop can't get to it for two weeks.

On the bright side, it means I have to drive my MINI to work and home every day...

If there's any help I can provide, let me know.

Andrew Russell

·
M5 Extraordinare!
6,796 Posts
Here's something I can think of that will get MINI USAs attention. Tavis write up a nice polite e-mail, no rolling doughnuts ;) concering the problems and give us all a copy by e-mail or PM NOT post. and we'll all e-mail them the same letter, same subject with our names at the bottom. Getting a bunch of e-mails from MINI owners should get their attention. Should at least get them to ring Universal up addressing their bad service... We can all at the bottom of your e-mail or before add our concerns like "We do not think it was fair that Mr. Tavis (*sorry dont know last name*) was treated unfairly/improperly and I think you should take appropriate actions to inform the dealer(Universal) that such behavior is not acceptable in the MINI community. If this continues Universal, or worse BMW/MINI will be losing some business in the future from us current owners, friends and relatives, you know how well word of mouth advertising works."

Hows that?? :D

·
a.k.a Handsome Rob
2,955 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Thanks everyone for the suport. I didn't get a chance to call MINI USA today was way to busy at work.

EBMCS I think thst a fantastic idea but not sure on how to go about it but very good idea. LOL about the doughnut's comment!

AuthiMINI how the heck are you? Havn't heard from you in a while. Sorry to hear about your truck. Thanks for the kind words. I still love my MINI more than anything I just think it is total BS how post care is such crap. These people have the worst work ethic I have every seen. It's so ignorant it almost seems like it is on purpose. So far out of 8 dealers in LA 3 are crap. Thats just about half.

·
Registered
1,561 Posts
Sorry to hear your story, but an o2 sensor for a MINI isn't a part that sells with any regularity. I work in a parts dept for a BMW/MINI dealer and we have never sold one in three years. It's all about demand I'm afraid.

·
BMW Traitor
1,192 Posts
Bonnie Scotland said:
You seem quick enough to flame all the dealers around you yet you were not able to call them to sort out your problem :confused:
tavis lives pretty far (3hr drive minimum) from all the dealers here in southern california. But he is right, pretty much all of them are incompetent. Some people have been treated well so there are exceptions, but majority agrees that socal dealers are pretty bad when it comes to service. Tavis also needs to WAIT at the dealer while they fix it, so he ends up waiting like half a day (he waited ~9hrs at Universal I think) so as you can imagine it's EXTREMELY frustrating to be treated that way.

tavis: Are there really 9 dealers in socal? I can think of Assael, Irvine, Bob Smith, LB, Universal, Crevier, Alexander. So 7 total.

·
a.k.a Handsome Rob
2,955 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
StevePSB said:
Sorry to hear your story, but an o2 sensor for a MINI isn't a part that sells with any regularity. I work in a parts dept for a BMW/MINI dealer and we have never sold one in three years. It's all about demand I'm afraid.
Wow really? I think there should be at least one IMO. For example: how often does the lettering on the back of the trunk need replaced? Universal had three. That was one part of the whole equation. The other parts were in the two trips for the o2 sensor I had them try to fix the distortion in the passenger door speaker. It still isn't fixed. They lost power to there computers and couldn't print me out an invoice. Thats all fine and good I understand that- stuff happens but, don't tell me your going to mail me an invoice and then don't do it. Now I have no record to fall back on. The last part is not taking cars in on the weekend. I am in the service/ repair industry too an part of my job is to be inconvienenced for my customers convienence. What about those people that travel from a far? I go on call every forth week and most often have to work weekends. Why can't they have a couple of guys on call or hire a guy who's schedule is like tuesday to saturday? If there is a lack of tech's then sign me up! I would love to work on MINI's all day. I am not trying to bash, be a smart mouth or nothing like that. I just do practicly the same type of job just different machinery. I still deal with the public, my hands do get dirty, I have to deal with warrenty issues time to time and stuff like that. I know crapy service when I see it. I do thank you sincerely for input however, thank you. :)

·
a.k.a Handsome Rob
2,955 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Barnabas said:
tavis lives pretty far (3hr drive minimum) from all the dealers here in southern california. But he is right, pretty much all of them are incompetent. Some people have been treated well so there are exceptions, but majority agrees that socal dealers are pretty bad when it comes to service. Tavis also needs to WAIT at the dealer while they fix it, so he ends up waiting like half a day (he waited ~9hrs at Universal I think) so as you can imagine it's EXTREMELY frustrating to be treated that way.

tavis: Are there really 9 dealers in socal? I can think of Assael, Irvine, Bob Smith, LB, Universal, Crevier, Alexander. So 7 total.
Thanks Barnabus for sticking up for me. Did I say 9?! Oops my bad. I meant 8. I included Bretch MINI in S.D.

·
M5 Extraordinare!
6,796 Posts
Its alright tavis... I know how you feel I would be PlSSED too if that happened to me and my car.

So what did MINI USA say? did they even sound like they cared?

·
a.k.a Handsome Rob
2,955 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
EBMCS03 said:
Its alright tavis... I know how you feel I would be PlSSED too if that happened to me and my car.

So what did MINI USA say? did they even sound like they cared?
The guy I talked to was actually very nice which defused me pretty quick. He asked me what dealership and wanted to know in detail what happened. He actually got :bad::bad::bad::bad:ed when I brought up the wet seat. He then said he will file the reports there at MINI USA and send a copy to each dealership. Now whether or not it happens I don't know. I like to give people benifit of the doubt. So here's to hoping.

1 - 20 of 23 Posts
About this Discussion
22 Replies
13 Participants
tavis1
MINI Cooper Forum
Join our Mini Cooper Forums to talk about your new Mini. From reviews, mods, accessories, reliability concerns and more, this Mini Owners Club is full of info!
Full Forum Listing