MINI Cooper Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Turbo Schmurbo...
822 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well in addition to a few other new bits to the car (See here) I have had new brake fluid (dot 5.1) and some Mintex 1144 pads purchased from a nice chap on here! :D

My car has/had EBC Grooved Disks/EBC Greenstuff pads. Now I've never been convinced they were doing much good but I heard good things on classic minis so maybe I was just being fussy....

... oh no I wasn't... I had to make a very prompt stop from 70mph recently and my lord did I fill my pants!!! It just wouldn't stop pedal just went to mush. Luckily it wasn't as much of an emergency as I expected but good job I saw it early thats all I'm saying!! Everytime I've gone for a spirited drive they give up so quick so I decided to try something else. When 1320 took them off they were glazed and breaking up... they have done about 6 to 7,000 miles.

Big difference, the Mintex 1144's are much much better, right from cold and so far (although I haven't had to give them stick yet) are brilliant, I tend to be hitting the pedal too much as it a much firmer feel now. Excellent upgrade if your still on stock brakes, they seem to work good with the EBC disks too.

·
Premium Member
3,485 Posts
I have been using Mintex 1144 on the rear of both GPs and find them excellent - they are complimented with JCM Mini Challenge grooved disks

·
Turbo Schmurbo...
822 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I was looking at BBK's but at the moment I'm more than happy with what stopping power they offer. I wasn't expecting such a big difference but I guess the fact the EBC's were just that bad!

·
XR3i / JCW MCS
543 Posts
sounds to me like issue with the ebcs on mini's. I run them on track cars and have done for years with no issues

·
Registered
460 Posts
green stuff are meant for cars that are sub 900kg were braking demands are far less (Lotus, Westfield and other kit cars and the like) the mini is to heavy for them (mini + driver and petrol can is well over 1.2 tonnes.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts