MINI Cooper Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
1,107 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Morning Guy's,
I've purchased some Chilli Red mirror cover/caps for my R56 JCW.
Now, it has power fold mirrors, how do I get the caps/covers off???
I've seen conflicting advice on the internet, some say you have to remove the mirror glass and release the clips behind the mirror.
However, I've see others advise just using a plastic 'trim removal tool' and slide that between the cover and the mirror housing and 'pop' it off that way.
I don't want to break anything!
Any of you changed your mirror caps/covers?
Thanks fellas.

·
Registered
362 Posts
Morning Guy's,

I've purchased some Chilli Red mirror cover/caps for my R56 JCW.

Now, it has power fold mirrors, how do I get the caps/covers off???

I've seen conflicting advice on the internet, some say you have to remove the mirror glass and release the clips behind the mirror.

However, I've see others advise just using a plastic 'trim removal tool' and slide that between the cover and the mirror housing and 'pop' it off that way.

I don't want to break anything!

Any of you changed your mirror caps/covers?

Thanks fellas.

Hi I took the covers off my wife’s R56 One, had then painted and popped back on.

They do literally pop off with a very small thin tool (screwdriver) to just tease the edges of and pull.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
107 Posts
I have taken mine off using a trim removal tool, the same one they use at the BMW Mini factory, it's very easy just take it steady and makes sure you have a firm hold on on the cover in case it suddenly pops free.

·
Registered
107 Posts
To be honest I don't know, the markings have rubbed off, mine came off the production line at the Cowley plant it's referred to as "bone tool"

A cheap and perfect alternative is a paper creaser, a couple of quid off ebay.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts