MINI Cooper Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi

I want some electric blue mirror caps for my 2005 Mini one to replace the bog standad black matt ones, will my dealer still be able to source these with electric blue being a retired colour ?

How much are they and are they easy to fit ? Would I need to get the dealer to fit them for me :confused:

Thank you:smile:

Michelle

·
6X therapist
13,907 Posts
Yes you can order blue ones, or chrome, or white , union jacks or even carbon fibre and they are pretty easy to fit. Parts for all MINI's are available for at least 10 years from end of production and many aftermarket people will sell them too.

Dealer fit charge is about an hour for labour, but you can probably talk them into doing it for nothing in reality it takes 10 minutes to swap them over once you have mastered getting the old ones off.

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Mirror caps

Thanks I will ring the dealer to order them.....they owe me a favour so I will try and get them fitted for free :wink:

·
Turbo Schmurbo...
822 Posts
Took me less than 10 mins to fit, they just pop on and off, Just don't put too much pressure on the mirror glass when putting the glass back in (obviously) :)

·
JCW 250
1,124 Posts
I managed to change mine without taking the glass out - just need some good angling of the mirror glass and a long screwdriver to get in at the clips...

·
Will Johnson
32 Posts
Hi

I want some electric blue mirror caps for my 2005 Mini one to replace the bog standad black matt ones, will my dealer still be able to source these with electric blue being a retired colour ?

How much are they and are they easy to fit ? Would I need to get the dealer to fit them for me :confused:

Thank you:smile:

Michelle
Hi Michelle, im quiet possibly the most non technical guy on planet when it comes to cars and stuff like that! Last friday my new chrome mirror caps (and bonet scoop) arrived.... I was planning on taking it to BMW to get fitted but they said thye couldnt do it until Monday!! grrrr, being inpatient i tackled it myself...

The mirror caps came out in about 20seconds each. Thre is a good guide on this forum which says how to do it (basically tilt the mirror down to get access to the top clips...) I might add that its even easier if you tilt the mirror down and to the left and right to expose the clips even more!

Putting the new caps back on is even easier... Dont worry about how flimsy those clips look, they are pretty flexible and i didnt break any clips getting the old caps off or the new ones on again! I wouldnt waste your money mate, its dead simple and I just used a long thin screw driver to lift the clips up....

I was so inspired i even fitted the chrome scoop myself :p

Cheers dude!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts