MINI Cooper Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Obsessive Car Cleaner OCC
3,342 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello,

I have an 04 MCS, as soon as it starts raining outside my interior windows steam up to the point i cant see out off them and it takes about 1 - 2 minutes for them to de-mist no matter what i do.

This at times is very dangerous, i was driving in London the other day and it was raining heavily and this happend, luckily enough i was in a 30MPH zone and pulled over quicky.

It also does this if it raining slightly and if i step outside then back in the car with slightly damp clothes.....

Is this the micro filter that needs changing?

My car is now on 38 000 Miles and its was serviced at 27 000Miles.

Scott

·
Banned
50,323 Posts
Do you have air con? Do you have it on?

Small cabin, change in outside temp to inside, moisture from you in the air, goes cooler outside = misty windows;)

·
Registered
1,626 Posts
Obvious one, but I don't suppose you've got the air recirculation on? This should be off nearly all the time; only use it when trying to cool the cabin quickly with a/c or if there are strong odours/diesel fumes outside.

·
Obsessive Car Cleaner OCC
3,342 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Do you have air con? Do you have it on?

Small cabin, change in outside temp to inside, moisture from you in the air, goes cooler outside = misty windows;)
I do have aircon and thats the quickest ay to get rid of the mist. I can see your point on this but my last MINI didnt do this neither have any of my previous cars and neither does any other car that is in my family. And when driving at 70MPH on the motorway, it is quiet serious when i cant see a thing for a minute :eek: and when i was on a run last weekend with 20 MINI's mine was the only car to do this.

Obvious one, but I don't suppose you've got the air recirculation on? This should be off nearly all the time; only use it when trying to cool the cabin quickly with a/c or if there are strong odours/diesel fumes outside.
I dont have it pressed, i mainly only use this through long tunnels or as you say really.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts