MINI Cooper Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Dooper Wannabe
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi All

I'm looking for an economical, hatch back / small car that I like the look of.

I'm doing 80-100 miles a day and my current car isn't suitable so I'm borrowing my wife's KA to do the mileage at the mo.

Someone suggested I consider a Dooper (and don't flame me for this but the MeganeSport Dci looks interesting too) and after looking around it seems to be just what I am looking for since it's a small car, economical (as long as I get 50mpg I'll be happy) and I can live with the looks of it.

My thoughts then turned to mods.

I had a google and I can find tuners with packages for petrol Coopers, but not for Doopers, so I thought I'd create this post to see if some helpful souls could point me in the right direction.

And what kind of bhp/torque can I get with reliability and hopefully the TLC still honoured and a driveable powerband and not just mapped for "pub figures"

regards

Raj

·
R.I.P MINI2
17,651 Posts
The Dooper engine is also used by Peugeot/Citroen (1.6 HDi) and Ford (1.6 TDCi) so if you cant find anything specific to the MINI have a look at what has been done to the 306/307/308/C4/Fiesta/Focus.

·
Dooper Wannabe
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
ooh interesting

I didn't know it had the same engine as the Focus TDCi

Does that mean I can plug in a tuning box (eg T-Unit), fit a K&N 57i and get ~150bhp and 260lb/ft ? I had a Focus 1.8 TDCi Sport and it went from 115 bhp standard to 142bhp and up to 255 lb/ft and also gave a wider powerband with 50 more miles per tank.

Also is there anyone doing stainless steel exhausts for Doopers ? I had a Powerflow s/s catback on my Focus

oh and thanks SDC for the link to the thread .... I'll go take a nose

:)

·
Dooper Wannabe
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
so does anyone on here have a chipped Dooper or is it too soon for people to have played with the ECU yet ?

I could ask my current tuner to see if he can do a test fit of my Autronic SM4 ECU into it ... but if I'm not sure if that works with diesels ?

1 - 9 of 9 Posts