MINI Cooper Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
254 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Thinking of fitting an Aero Grill to the Standard 05 Bumper and Bottom.
Have read all the threads on the matter.
However only picked the new 05 spec Cooper S up the other week and have been looking at the lower grill.
Noted is the comments about the standard lower colour section in glued in place.
Can anyone confirm this is still the case on the 05 Spec?
Looking and touch it, it seems to e attached to the chrome?
Thanks for any help which might come my way. :)

·
Registered
775 Posts
Yup the chrome lip is part of the lower grill, so the whole thing will have to come off

Erichui just bought a set of 05 Aero Grills to fit, it was something like $168 for top & bottom if i remember correctly

He is getting it painted first tho, maybe he can give you some pointers after fitting :)

·
1st MINI Owner in QLD !!!
2,468 Posts
The bottom lip simply unscrews. about 10 screws. I have taken my stanard one off a couple of times on my 2005 Cooper S. removing Emu feathers and supergluing it togeather again after an Emu tried to mate with it :mad:

·
Registered
624 Posts
Blacky said:
Thinking of fitting an Aero Grill to the Standard 05 Bumper and Bottom.
Have read all the threads on the matter.
However only picked the new 05 spec Cooper S up the other week and have been looking at the lower grill.
Noted is the comments about the standard lower colour section in glued in place.
Can anyone confirm this is still the case on the 05 Spec?
Looking and touch it, it seems to e attached to the chrome?
Thanks for any help which might come my way. :)
yea total cost was 168 including GST.
the thing is i am still trying to find out about the part no. of the new 05 grills just to make sure that it is the right one, since i was looking at it comparing to the standard 1 i see 1 missing screw :confused:
as for lower part, i am not so sure if it fits the same like the old ones..... Have anyone done it on their 05 car?? just to confirm that it DOES fit :rolleyes:

1 - 4 of 4 Posts