MINI Cooper Forum banner

1 - 20 of 163 Posts

·
Registered
240 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
A wrongful accusation made...sorry

So where has the thread from minimart gone?
This was a valid query about the attitude of "old" Cooper drivers and a question about the "100% free of BMW parts" stickers, so where is the thread.
There was no abuse (last time I checked) and the thread was good natured and informative. So where is it?
If it has been moderated, may I remind the power crazed moderators that Mr Paul Mullett himself said that he couldn't see a problem with Mini/MINI posts on here. This was pointed out by Paul when I first started the Mini V MINI forum elsewhere.
So...where is the post and why has it been deleted?
If it had degenerated into abuse while I was gone, then fine, it should have been edited or even deleted. If it hadn't then why is it no longer here?
Explanation please!

Mon

PS If you must delete such posts, then why not post a locked message stating why the post was removed? It makes it less confusing and less annoying to those of us who receive email updates saying that someone has replied to a message!

·
MINI2 Global Moderator
4,566 Posts
It wasn't me and I received no notification that it had been deleted so someone broke the rules...

·
Registered
36 Posts
self-censorship

Mon - I felt I was getting in to VERY deep water,
and didn't want to get myself labelled as a trouble-maker - I just want to enjoy my coop, and find it sad that some others don't share my enthusiasm for the MINI - so I figured the best thing to do was a bit of
self-editing!

Minimart
:confused:

·
Registered
240 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Aha, so that explains it. Thanks for clearing it up minimart.
The reason that I got annoyed is because a number of Mini V MINI posts have been deleted in the past just because certain moderators didn't like the topic being discussed here (even though site owner Paul doesn't mind).

But now that is cleared up I would like to apologise for wrongly blaming the moderators...sorry :)

Mon

PS minimart, if you would like to hear the other side to the Mini V MINI debate, then you can send me a personal message and I'll give you the other side of the argument :)
PPS You could always pop over to the Mini V MINI forum on MiniClassic (www.miniclassic.co.uk), but be warned it is more pro Mini than the pro MINI views you get here ;)

·
Registered
632 Posts
Please ! !

Mon said:
. . . PS minimart, if you would like to hear the other side to the Mini V MINI debate, then you can send me a personal message and I'll give you the other side of the argument :)
PPS You could always pop over to the Mini V MINI forum on MiniClassic (www.miniclassic.co.uk), but be warned it is more pro Mini than the pro MINI views you get here ;)
Don`t go minimart - your brain will never be the same again!

:D :D :rolleyes:

·
TT or not TT
3,064 Posts
Mon said:
Aha, so that explains it. Thanks for clearing it up minimart.
The reason that I got annoyed is because a number of Mini V MINI posts have been deleted in the past just because certain moderators didn't like the topic being discussed here (even though site owner Paul doesn't mind).
Mon lets have the evidence please as the originator of the thread could have deleted them just like minimart.

But now that is cleared up I would like to apologise for wrongly blaming the moderators...sorry :)
Better late than never ;) ;)

Mon

PS minimart, if you would like to hear the other side to the Mini V MINI debate, then you can send me a personal message and I'll give you the other side of the argument :)

Mon would you like to rephase that to ANTI MINI.:) :) :)

·
Registered
240 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Dinger my good man, you know as well as I do that the majority of the posts that I am refering to were deleted by your good self...:)

Mon

PS What do you mean by "better late than never"? My apology came 7 minutes after minimart had admitted that they deleted the thread...you don't get much quicker than that ;)
PPS At least you got an apology, unlike the person you refered to as a To**er on MiniClassic the other day. Where's their apology???...:D

·
Registered
5,956 Posts
Kinster said:
Someone needs to chill out!
for once I agree with you Kinster.

:)

They are just CARS for goodness sake !!!.......:mad:

Why oh why do these senseless and provocotive debates keep rearing their heads here. It's like the "Is the MINI a Gay car" threads. All that happens is members get offended and abused, time and time again. In the interests of MINI2.COM, I really think internment is finally called for. The Civic Type-R comes in for a lot of abuse here, but it never turns sour like the MINI v Mini debates do.

Good grief.........just give it a rest !!!

:mad:

·
TT or not TT
3,064 Posts
Hey MINI2 members

Please chill out as this is just friendly banter between Mon and myself and no malice is involved as its all tongue in cheek.

PS,this is'nt going to turn out to be MINI v mini debate as we all know what the best car is dont we.

·
Moderator & Sponsor
358 Posts
Mon - how about removing this thread, now that you know who the culprit was? (It's not as if it's serving any purpose now..)

I'd do it myself, but I don't want to get acused of censorship..;);)

·
Registered
5,956 Posts
Dogger said:
Mon - how about removing this thread, now that you know who the culprit was? (It's not as if it's serving any purpose now..)

I'd do it myself, but I don't want to get acused of censorship..;);)
Just do it Dogger......... let mon and his mates chat about it privately.

I can't speak for others, and it seems Basil's welcome is beggining to wear thin again, so nothings lost by suggesting it's demise. Just look at the title of the thread for goodness sakes.

You've got my vote at least Dogger

:rolleyes:

·
TT or not TT
3,064 Posts
Guys why delete this thread has it upset anyone???

However there are channels to go through if this is the case rather than have a moderator to act like a maverick.

·
Registered
5,956 Posts
dinger said:
Guys why delete this thread has it upset anyone???

However there are channels to go through if this is the case rather than have a moderator to act like a maverick.
Ummm.......well It appears I'm in the minority. Most members it seems steer well clear anyway judging from the lack of posts. I'm amazed you can't see the amount of damage these types of threads can cause to MINI2 though dinger.

I am a bit odd though, so maybe it's just me.

·
Registered
612 Posts
Basil said:

I am a bit odd though, so maybe it's just me.

See!!, I told you so Basil, so did Zooooom.:p :p

·
TT or not TT
3,064 Posts
Basil,I understand what your saying and your not in a minority and if i thought this would cause MINI2 damage I would of deleted it by now.

·
Registered
5,956 Posts
dinger said:
Basil,I understand what your saying and your not in a minority and if i thought this would cause MINI2 damage I would of deleted it by now.
I should have added "with all due respect" dinger, sorry about that.

Look, it's up to you ok........ I'll leave this thread well alone. You know only too well, who else will put his oar in any time soon.

Don't say I didn't warn you.

cheers

1 - 20 of 163 Posts