MINI Cooper Forum banner
1 - 20 of 35 Posts

·
Premium Member
9,742 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
If you don't subscribe where are you supposed to buy it?
I have seen it on & off at a local newsagent but having been trying to buy a copy for weeks now, I tried all the local newsagents - none
So i have tried 2 WHSMITHS - neither of them have it ( they have mini world & mini magazine)
If I was looking to advertise in a magazine this would put me off as how do people buy it?

On another note - how do you get in touch with them? They dont reply to emails

·
Registered
1,171 Posts
I have seen it on & off at a local newsagent but having been trying to buy a copy for weeks now, I tried all the local newsagents - none
So i have tried 2 WHSMITHS - neither of them have it ( they have mini world & mini magazine)
If I was looking to advertise in a magazine this would put me off as how do people buy it?

WH Smiths is the only place i've seen it, and they seem to have it regularly each month.:smile:

·
Registered
988 Posts
Only place I've ever seen it, and as such, always have a read of it then, is when I stop off at a services - usually a WHSmiths.

·
GP 56 MCK 0774
1,074 Posts

I subscribe so mine comes from the post man :D
Which E mail did you use? :puzzled:

·
IJ 2009 - Team 81
3,223 Posts
I regularly see it on sale at WH Smiths, Borders, Tesco (Some anyway), Motorway services, Airports, so it is widely available. The thing with local newsagants is that they will only stock the magazines they think they can sell. So if you ask them they will get it in for you. Stock is bought sale or return normally, so if your newsagent did used to get a monthly copy of the magazine they would continue to get one providing they sold their stock. If they didn't sell their stock, and returned it, the next months allocation of that mag is automatically knocked down. So if no one bought copies from them last time, then they are unlikely to get more in until someone requests it.

·
Registered
940 Posts
I know the website has not been updated since the August Issue - Is it still going?

·
Registered
2,520 Posts
It is pretty widely available down here in Wiltshire. Any medium size newsagent and some supermarkets. Bit of a long trip for Mikey to make unless he makes it a commercial journey with a boot load of bargains. Full boot? so that's a pair of LED sidelights then ;) . Unless he folds the seats down then it would be a pair of LED sidelights and an armrest :rolleyes: .

·
any day now....
141 Posts
WHSmith in Leeds city centre stocks it. I've not seen it at the station, Leeds/Bradford or in T3 at Manchester.

Brian.

·
Registered
369 Posts
I've only seen it in Heathrow T5 in a small W H Smiths in building B!

Tesco Extra in Hatfield, Sainsbury's in Colney Fields (London Colney) and Asda in Hatfield all don't seem to do it (at least not when I've been in).

As I'm featured in the December issue (the Pepper White Sidewalk having strut braces installed) I gave in and ordered it over the phone (on 01959541444) for £4.10 :)

·
ECMC Addict
801 Posts
My local WH Smith is the only place i've ever seen it in a shop. I subscribe so like GP Mick and vickietots, the postman brings mine too.

Mikey, try emailing on [email protected], thats what i've used when i've sent stuff in previously and I usually get a reply.
Tell 'em you may want to advertise and he may even reply faster ;)

Mark

·
Registered
988 Posts
Purchased my first copy the other day...to be honest, I think £3.60 is pretty steep! Do you know if they're ever thought about doing an electronic copy, for a fraction of the price?

·
><((((º>`·. ¸¸. ·><((((º>
86 Posts
Cant you get your local WH Smith to stock the mag...that way you get it on a regular basis and others as well which should raise the MINI awareness...

·
Registered
5,858 Posts
As I subscribe I have just had a letter from Modern MINI informing me that the magazine is going up from £3.85 to £4.20 & going bi-monthly from the end of March.............

Quote:-
"The magazine will change to a bi-monthly frequency with effect from 27th March, when the newly titled May/June 2009 edition goes on sale. Therefore the last monthly edition will be the April 2009 issue, which hits the news-stands from Friday 27th February.

The move should ensure we maximize the potential for this publication in the future, which has built up a loyal and enthusiastic following of MINI owners around the world over the past two and a half years.

The product will improve by increasing its pagination to a provisionally planned 116-pages, so will feature more striking design layouts and increased coverage of readers cars, technical articles, drive stories, road tests, club and event reports and the latest news. The cover price will also change to £4.20."

·
JcwMiniAdventures
434 Posts
Yeh i got that to - i am seriouay considering it @ that price as that is getting expensive will see what it like when it comes to it

1 - 20 of 35 Posts