MINI Cooper Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi there!
I've got a Mini Cooper and am thinking about upgrading it a bit, could anyone give me a hint on the type of modifications worth looking into? I'd really appreciate that since there aren't that many Minis in this part of the woods :D

BTW, I'm from Portugal :yellow:

·
Dating my S
587 Posts
malk0vich said:
Hi there!
I've got a Mini Cooper and am thinking about upgrading it a bit, could anyone give me a hint on the type of modifications worth looking into? I'd really appreciate that since there aren't that many Minis in this part of the woods :D

BTW, I'm from Portugal :yellow:
for pure street enjoyment.. 3 mods is really all you need in my book
1) Sway Bar: A huge sway in the back will almost elimate understeer in the mini, making the mini even more tossable... you will REALLY feel the difference with this mod

2)Pulley: Install is expensive, but for power nothing even comes close to this mod... inexpensive to get the pulley, the mid-range really gets going now with the pulley.. if you are not tracking you can even go crazy with teh 19% and get even more gains

3)Tires: Get rid of the stock runflats and get a nice set of high performance tires... the stock tires are not that bad, but i switched and since never looked back

hope this helped

·
Mini Mod
9,227 Posts
If it's a Cooper ignore #2 :)
#s1 & 3 are good. Lightweight wheels will make a nice difference too. I think you'd be surprised at the difference. I was.

A nice exhaust system will get you a couple HP. Most sound nicer than stock and usually save you a couple pounds in weight.

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #4 (Edited)
Thanks a lot for your feedback, but I'm afraid I have no idea what a sway bar or a pulley are... Could you shed some light on the matter? :D Thanks again.

Anymore suggestions, anyone?

:)

·
Mini Mod
9,227 Posts
malk0vich said:
Thanks a lot for your feedback, but I'm afraid I have no idea what a sway bar or a pulley are... Could you shed some light on the matter? :D Thanks again.

Anymore suggestions, anyone?

:)
Pulley is for a supercharger, which you don't have.
Sway bar or anti-roll bar same deal.
Here's a thread on bars

·
Registered
80 Posts
Mini mods...

Intake/ exhaust/ pulley will give you the HP that you will probably want. I just installed a short shifter from Helix. It was an easy install and give improved shifting.. reduces the throw and makes the feel of the gear box stiff. Its nice. Since you live outside the US, you may want to check with what the shipping rules are. I know that MINImania ships worldwide.... check them out. Great folks to do business with.

MINImania

·
Sullivan Racing
1,117 Posts
I don't care if it is just a Cooper, put a pulley somewhere on it!!! :D

Seriously though, I have done the following to my Cooper and I enjoy these mods a lot:

1. BMP Promini intake
2. RSpeed Exhaust
3. H-Sport springs
4. H-Sport rear sway bar

I still might put a pulley on it, though. ;)

·
Registered
708 Posts
ECU upgrade, superchips etc is good for the money in my opinion or from wot i have gathered from peep who have had it done!

·
MINI2 Newbie
176 Posts
cristo said:
anyone know how much the stock cooper exhaust weighs? (the parts behind
the cat) .....haven't been able to search it out, and I'll bet someone has the
info.
According to the MINI-Madness website, stock MINI exhaust weighs 34 lbs and is 2 inches in diameter. If the link works, that website is here: http://www.mini-madness.com/index.asp?PageAction=VIEWPROD&ProdID=90

The Rogue Engineering MC exhaust from MINI-Madness weighs 23 lbs and is 2.25 inches in diameter, costs $549 dollars plus shipping, and gains 5-7 hp. I have it and really like it. :)

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
About this Discussion
12 Replies
8 Participants
cristo
MINI Cooper Forum
Join our Mini Cooper Forums to talk about your new Mini. From reviews, mods, accessories, reliability concerns and more, this Mini Owners Club is full of info!
Full Forum Listing