MINI Cooper Forum banner
1 - 20 of 41 Posts

·
Premium Member
9,742 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Although a big seller, I do get comments from customers that the Ultra halo sidelights have dark patches top & bottom - the ring of light not looking like a full ring in some lighting conditions. This is due to the lamps only having 2 leds in each, 1 each side.
I have asked Ultra to make a version with 4 leds for a couple of years but they won't.
I managed to buy some spare parts from them & built a set myself with 4 in each & it looked much better:) but they then refused to sell me any more:rolleyes:
So I have now sourced alternative parts & started making my own today:cool:
Pic 1 shows at the top a standard halo 2 LED's, to the right a modified one with 4 blue LED's for a xenon like colour, to the left a modified one with 4 white LED's (these are the ones on my car)
Pics 2 & 3 are them on my car.

The only downside (besides extra cost) is that the 2 extra LED's will not be easy to change, as the holders are glued in, however in all the years selling halos I have only heard of one LED blowing.

The photos were taken in daylight
NewMINIStuff.com

Attachments

·
Rocking the F57
17,719 Posts
Oi :p

I told you to tell me when you had these available - will be on the phone tomorrow ;)

Prep me a set up, no indicator bulbs required, already have the diadems :)

·
Premium Member
9,742 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Which LED option do you want?
Wondering about attempting a 6 led version but it will start getting rather expensive

·
JcwMiniAdventures
434 Posts
Hi just been looking at the above option as i am thinking about going down that route. Just a few questions please.
1. Is that price to add each additonal led.
2. Can you make a brighter version of the zenon version the one to the right as i want this varient but preferably to the brightness of the white variety & these will pass under mot conditions. I was thinking 6-8leds??
3. Whats the cheapest/easiest route to get a new complete set or to do the diy route

If you can answer these please
Thanks

·
Registered
22 Posts
right im trying something new here,

just bought 2x24 led stripsand power regulators and gonna try fit them into my halo sidelights, measured them and im sure they'll fit,

heres hoping, i''l keep you updated,

josh

·
JcwMiniAdventures
434 Posts
Any pics - as i am still trying to sort mine out for my mot & general use

Poss in daylight so i can see - have no problems with them in the dark its just daylight use there bairly usable

As i have the ones to the right in pic 2 as above & the dont look bright enough to me - i want the blue halo look but brighter - i like the 6led as above but as i said i want them to match the xenon look

Eveytime i ask i seem to get no where

Cheers

1 - 20 of 41 Posts