MINI Cooper Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
2,459 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
there is now a modified fuel tank available to cure (hopefully )the fuel gauge problem.
My car is booked in for tommorrow to have it done.

·
Registered
2,459 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I was told it was coming when i was wingeing about another prob,then i was in today he said it was here and its getting done tommorrow,but i will be in the workshop the whole time cos i am fitting an alarm for them at the same time its in

·
Registered
32 Posts
Did it work then?

Zoooooooom,

Did your new tank work?

Does it easily go to full?

Does it read evenly going down?

How many miles do you now do until it hits empty?

Cheers,
P2K

·
Registered
2,459 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Yes It works its the dogs whatyoumicallits.
It's just like you would expect it to be.
as for how many miles to the tank sorry I dont know but I will pay attention in future.
I dont think your dealer will contact you to get it done unless you complain that it does not work and keep on at them.

·
Registered
344 Posts
Forgive me for my naivety, but I thought that replacement tank senders fixed the fuel gauge problem.
I have been waiting approx. 5 weeks now for those.
Should I be asking for a new tank instead then?

Does this also address the fact that I never seem to be capable of getting more than about 8 gallons into my tank?! To be fair, this may be because I always fill up when the gauge's red light is on - which may also not be correctly reading "empty".

J.

·
Registered
2,459 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I had the tank sender units replaced first but this did not cure the fault.
Then some weeks later I was told about the new tanks,
so my dealer ordered the tank and its cured the problem I don't know how much it holds cos I don't pay too much attention but I think its about £30

·
Registered
3 Posts
Fuel gauge still not working

My wife has an August built mini one that she is very pleased with except for the fuel gauge. At first she thought she just didn't have the right knack of filling it. The fuel tank has now been changed and the car was returned with the gauge showing full, but as it reached quarter full it gave up and went to empty. The next time the car was started it went back to a quarter, but again the next start up showed it on empty. Filling the car got 32lt in and the gauge showing just over half full. 230 miles later this started dropping towards the quarter mark. Filled up again and the same half full. Confirmed with the garage that the tank had been replaced so going back again to check out the sender unit and anything else they can think of.
Anyone else know of a replacement tank which didn't cure the gauge problem?.

·
Registered
2,459 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Steve Mac
when i picked up my car new the gauge did the same as yours,so they replaced the sender units.
That cure the problem but it still read low but the new tank cured that.;)

·
Registered
344 Posts
Paul_Mullett said:
Where you contacted about this, if so, I would hope (and assume) all affected owners will be contacted directly?

:)

Let us know how it goes.
Zoom...
I contacted my local dealer, and he has not received any info. from BMW about this - could you give us more info or let me know who to contact at your dealer regarding this?
If you don't want to put the information in the public domain, could you send me a personal message/email?

J.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts