MINI Cooper Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm picking up my MCS from the dealership today and it is my first mini:D! I've taken a step sideways and have traded in my BMW M3 Evo Convertible, halving the horsepower and engine capacity at the same time:frown: At some point I'll be looking to modify the engine to gain a few mores horses, plus if I decide to keep the car long term I will be modifying the suspension, brakes and style of the car.:cool:

My current TLC runs out next week and I'm looking at buying the TLC XL package. I presume that you are limited with regards to what modifications you can carry out before the dealership refuses to service it and the agreement is invalidated. I've read some previous articles in magazines and on the net, each giving different stories with regards to what you can and can't get away with?

Just wanted to hear from everybodies personal experience with this?

·
Registered
544 Posts
I'm picking up my MCS from the dealership today and it is my first mini:D! I've taken a step sideways and have traded in my BMW M3 Evo Convertible, halving the horsepower and engine capacity at the same time:frown: At some point I'll be looking to modify the engine to gain a few mores horses, plus if I decide to keep the car long term I will be modifying the suspension, brakes and style of the car.:cool:

My current TLC runs out next week and I'm looking at buying the TLC XL package. I presume that you are limited with regards to what modifications you can carry out before the dealership refuses to service it and the agreement is invalidated. I've read some previous articles in magazines and on the net, each giving different stories with regards to what you can and can't get away with?

Just wanted to hear from everybodies personal experience with this?
Depends on the dealer, mines been fine ;)

Try sounding them about the idea before you modify :D

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Humph,

Re Sideways move................I hope this little MCS is going to prove your right??

My dealership is Scotthalls in Eastleigh, Hampshire.

·
Registered
544 Posts
Rigsey,

Thanks for your response, what modifications have you made to tour car?
GTT220 pack + GRS IC + GTT Manifold + Wheels + JCW brakes + others :D

They cannot miss that its modified :wink:

They actually seem interested in the mods :biggrin:

·
Registered
3 Posts
Before my current MCS i had a 53 plate two years ago. This was modified with some GTT parts (IC, oil catch can, induction fit etc) and also had AP Brakes and Leda Coilovers.

I had it services a few times at Stephen James BMW in Keston (now closed) and they never had any issues. They also seemed more interested in the car. I'd watch the miles when you put it in for a service - mine had 10 miles more on it once and they said it needed road testing for the tracking - long road test!!

I also had a few things done under warranty, but as they were unrelated to the moddified parts it wasn't an issue, i.e. tailgate lifters and rear wiper motor.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts