MINI Cooper Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
70 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi guys, really need some help. On friday im looking at moddifying my car. I need exhaust and induction kit.

there are so many on the market atm, but not sure which one to get because iv heard the mini engine is a very hot place and that sumet like a viper kit is needed, but very expensive.

I want sumet thats gonna make my car sound throaty. my punto sounded beautiful with a K&N and a rage exhaust on, but obvs mini's are different.

·
Registered
70 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
oops sorry. Got a 53 plate cooper

Money isnt really a problem, but not wanting to overspend on mods, because im wanting to somehow fit my subs in usin my standard radio (with ipod connection), lower it, powder coat alloys white, and poss tint the windows

·
Banned
50,323 Posts
Miltek is one of the most popular to go for or PlayMINI but lots of choice, and the same on the induction kits:)

Don't forget to find out how much this is going to increase your insurance policy or if your current insurer will cover modifications before you spend on them;)

·
PowerSteeringPumpActivist
8,410 Posts
The Milltek exhaust is really a fine piece of engineering - I'm very happy with mine. :cool:

Oh, and on the induction side of things, do a search for Serby. I did, and then went about following in his footsteps, as it were. :p The John Cooper Motorsport Open Cone Air Induction Kit (JCM510). ;) Although, I would offer a note of caution that the filter has changed ever-so-slightly since its inception and now the cone (Pipercross) fits on the outside of the kit's rubber tubing rather than inside it - consequently, there's a bit of a step inside that creates turbulence... so maybe not quite the same performance. No discernible difference in noise though - which is fantastic. :D

All the best,
Andrew.

·
Registered
70 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Yeah well im with direct line now, but am gonna swap coz they aint that good with insuring anyone under 25.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts