MINI Cooper Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
105 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Whilst watching the excellent (if not a might too short) coverage on Ch 4, I couldn't help thinking that it would be good to see BMW do a full assault on the WRC in the new MINI Cooper S. Having seen that pic in AutoExpress a while back, I think it will be blinding to watch, any body else have any thoughts on this. Seeing a new Red and White S climbing the 'col du turini' would be awesome.

·
Registered
105 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
when I wrote 'French may disqualify it on a technicality if it should win!' just to explain what I was saying, back in 66(?)on the Monte, the mini's came 1st, 2nd and 4th I think, the french were convinced they were cheating, but couldn't prove anything, even after stripping the winner down, and investigating everything and anything, but after all that, they decided the headlights were of an illegal variety and disqaulified them all, on this technical infringement. So a Citroen was promoted the winner.
They also said that the BMC Mini's were unlike the std cars they had to be based on, so a well known motoring mag took a std showroom car from the local French dealer, and timed it up a hill (one of the Monte stages) then did a back to back with the works one, and the showroom one was quicker!
They were very impressive in their day (and still are at club events) if you want to see Paddy H doing his bit, try looking for the video of him taking part in one of the Classic Marathons that were run in the 90's, He did it in a 65 'S' and one, it is superb to watch him at work.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.