1 - 20 of 60 Posts

·
No more MINI
126 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello folks,

I have read all about the MTH Chiptuning by Franz in the following Link:

MTH Chiptunning

And I am planing to have this Mod done to my car, the only thing thats blocking me is the price of the cable $99.50 CAD, so I was wondering If I could find more people in the area of montreal who are interested in adding this mod to their cars, we can all split the price of the cable and do it all together someday, we then can manage to keep the cable with one of us,, so that,, whenever one of us needs it again to remove the Mod,, we can lend it to eachother.

Please POST back here if you're interested or PM me,, t

If you havent heared about the MTH Chiptuning yet, you are missing HALF OF YOUR LIFE!!!

Its a great cheap upgrade.

I will wait for your posts or Private Messages.

THANK YOU MONTREAL MINI's

:cool: :cool:

·
I'm not an addict.
146 Posts
If I understand correctly we would have to pay for the wire, the software and a fixed amount per VIN# ? Is there really a 15hp gain from applying this mod to a standard Cooper ? Can it be dangerous for the engine ?

Is it really such a good idea to mess around with ECU optimization ? (just asking, I have had no experience with such mods)

Beware of the MINI spying ninjas lurking around, they could invalidate our warranties!! :D

--
paco

·
No more MINI
126 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Hello Paco,

you have asked the right person regarding this chip and its effect to MINI,, i am a person who is really really really picky to each and every mod i plan to do on my car,, i refused few because I didnt have a good feeling towards,, but for this one,, i passed by the dealership today afternoon asked about how bad could a mod do a MINI,, they told me as long as they are not a major boost,, like,, 120 to 160 or somethin,, there would not be a problem to the car,,

they are picky about everything in their cars to be original,, so to be on the safe side,, and this is a great option in this mod,, is that,, you could Uninstall it out of your car the same way you installed it in,, and when you recieve the car back from the dealership,, you install it back in..

So the group thingy is going to go like this;

we find bounch of MINI owners who are interested as well in adding this Mod to their car (BTW, its good for COOPER S too),, we split the Wire money,, not the mod,, because the mod is a flat price which you will have to pay to have a file sent to you,, this file cannot be used on multipe Cars,, we keep this wire with someone,, and if someday,, someone decides to take out the mod from his/her car,, gets the cable and bla bla bla..

its an easy procedure built on trust,,,

·
MINI crazy!
303 Posts
Hi Montreal Motorers!

I have good news for you! I live in Montreal ( in the week-ends) and I already have a cable to do the MTH upgrade. I did mine about a month ago and I love it!

So if anyone is still in for a MTH party, I will show up with my cable and help you guys! :)

Keep motorin'

DarkMCS :dark:

·
Registered
41 Posts
Hey DarkCooperS,

What kind of performance gain did you get? Do you feel it in the accelaration? Top speed?
Real generous of you to offer the use of the cable you paid for!!!
What was the cost of the file to flash the cooper?

Thanks,

·
MINI crazy!
303 Posts
Hi MiniByblos,

I am very satisfied with the MTH software. It got rid of my very poor idle and the very annoying yo-yo in second and third gear.

As for performance, my "in the seat" dyno tells me that it is a great upgrade! I can feel the power increase and it feels so good! :D

The whole installation process is very easy and the hardest part is to wait for Franz to send you back your new MTH remapped file!

Since I study in Sherbrooke, I will only be in Montreal on the week-ends so if someone wants to get their MINI MTH'ed, catch me on Friday, Saturday or Sunday morning! I have no problem leave you the cable for a week as I don't need it for now... The last thing I would do is to switch back to the stock, jerky, software! :rolleyes:

So if anyone needs the cable for next week, le me know! I'll be on Montreal tomorrow evening until Sunday morning!

EDIT : I almost forgot to talk about the DSC/ASC mod... This alone makes it worth the upgrade! Now I can spin my front wheels with the DSC on and it doesn't cut the engine output as I usually did... This is great! :p

Keep motorin'

DarkMCS

·
MINI crazy!
303 Posts
As for the cost, our strong Canadian dollar helps lower the cost of MTH upgrade...

The MTH software cost me 94.52$canadian. The cable was more expensive than the software... I ordered the cable from sensolutions.ca and it cost 125$.

For the price, it is a great upgrade and it worth every single penny! :D

MiniByblos, are you from Montreal?

DarkMCS

·
No more MINI
126 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
You are down from Heaven DarkMiniCooperS,

I am absolutly convinced with the idea of MTH as I spend the past two days reading and asking about it and found a ratio of 20 out of 20 people are Satisfied with it and never a problem.

For my side, I am going to sign up in the website and get the software soon,, for the time being,, i was hoping to find more Montreal(ers) that are interested,, as it could be a lot more fun doing it all togither.

If few people are not sure of its risk or whatever, read what other people around the world had to say about it @ the following thread: MTH Powerchip Mod

Waiting for your posts.

Peace all

·
MINI crazy!
303 Posts
Sa3dos,

If your are planning on ordering the MTH software soon, let me know!

We could set a meeting near Montreal so that I could give you the cable!

Hope to see of you Montreal motorers to join the MTH MINI club! :p

DarkMCS

·
Registered
41 Posts
DarkMiniCooperS, sa3dos,

I am from Montreal and after reading up on the MTH mod, i'm definitely in. I only have one thing stopping me right now, I need to get my software updated first before I go through the process. I'm suffering from bad stumble and yo-yo, especially during cold morning starts. As soon as i get an appointment with Canbec, i'll be able to make the purchase of the MTH. In other words, i'll be pinging you in a few weeks for your cable DMCS, if it's still available... ;) ;)

·
MINI crazy!
303 Posts
:eek: you are dealing with Canbec!

I've had so many bad experiences with them that I strongly recommand you to go to either Laval or Brossard dealers! Canbec don't know how to work on MINI and their advisors don't care about them... :bad:

As for the Yo-Yo, after unpgrading my ECU to version 38.1, I had more stumbles than before... MTH sorted all those problems and it got rid of the annoying yo-yo! :D

I would suggest to give MTH a try... The worst that could happen is that your yo-yo would still be there. If it happens, switch back to stock software and then you could go to the dealer to get your ECU updated. After that, all you have to do is send you new MINI file to Franz and receive a new one back.... It won't cost you more $$ because in the price of the MTH upgrade, you have at least one year of service.

Bottom line: Again, try to forget that Canbec exists and go to Laval or Brossard! ;)

·
No more MINI
126 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
DarkMiniCooperS,

Canbec is not good ?

I have been dealing with them since I bought my MINI, and to be honest, I havent seen any problem with them, or yet I should say. I once had my car coolant level low,, gave in the car at 1pm (Without an appointment), they offered me a ride home by their driver, called me at 5pm told me that they changed the water pump and all other accessories around it, sent me a driver from their own to pick me up home,, bring me to the dealership to pick up my car. The body-shop department is even better, i've done so many things with them.

I am very satisfied with them to be honest. How are you not okay with their services DarkMiniCooperS ?

·
MINI crazy!
303 Posts
Well, I've had so many problems with them that I won't list them all here...

For example, I had a lot of problem with the coolant bottle. It was craking or it was empty... They changed 4 coolant bottles on my MCS. For the fifth one, I went to Brossard... They changed the radiotor because it was cracked on the left side... Brossard's technician showed me that it has been cracked for a long time and that if Canbec would have done their job instead of only changing the bottles, a pressure test would have showed the problem right away!

Another one: My boot door had a strange problem... It was opening by itself on rainy days... I took my car to Canbec twice and each time, they only put grease on the wires between the boot and the door... It obviously didn't fix the problem so I went to Laval... They ordered a completed new wiring harness and it's all good since...

I had a check engine light for a misfire in cylinder #4... I went two times to Canbec to get it fixed... The first time, the checked the spark plug and told me everything was fine... The second time, they told me that they would not work on my MCS until I removed my pulley... I tasked to the technician about the relation between a spark plug and a s/c pulley :confused: He showed me how good he knew his technical stuff... :rolleyes: I finally ordered a Pilo ignition kit and the check engine is gone since...

The last time I went to Canbec, it was for a DSC light that sometimes went on when I started my car... They not only didn't fix it but they also charged me one hour of labor because my car has a "modified turbo" according to the bill...

This is only 3 examples of many problems I had with them...

If you don't have any problem with them, keep doing business with them! :D

·
No more MINI
126 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
thats really bad actually;

i might go try Laval for my 16,000 kms Oil service,, :D

Waiting on more people to join the MTH PARTYYYY !!!!

for the time being, am working on a stupid C++ assignment for my mech course,, and its bringing me headechssss :confused: :confused: :confused: !! arrghh

·
MINI crazy!
303 Posts
Anyway, I was not here to destroy Canbec.... I'm here to share the MTH experience with you guys!

If you want the cable for this week-end, let me know... I'll be in the Mtl area tomorrow evening! ;)

BTW, for your services, call different MINI dealers... I know that they are about to offer service packages that cost a lot less than $$/hour rate!

·
No more MINI
126 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
I dont know if i am going to wait longer for people to join the party,, MiniByblos are you in with us if we do it this weekend ? anyone else ?

its just for the fun of it to do it all togither !!

:blblack: :yellow: :silk: :green: :eb: :silver: :velvet: :dark: :indi: :red: :black: :silk: :silver:

·
MINI crazy!
303 Posts
:eek: C++ I had a lot of nightmares studying it!!

Good luck with it! :p

·
Registered
41 Posts
Lots of good info on the dealers. Thanks. I haven't visited any of the dealers yet, and canbec is only a 10 minute drive from my house, so i'll check 'hem out for my first visit and switch to brossard if necessary.
sa3dos, i'm definitely in for the MTH. However, i can't make it for this weekend. if you can wait for next weekend it would be great. if not, i understand and maybe i could get DarkMiniCooperS's cable from you at that point...
Since nobody else is coming on to this, PM me to work out the details.
Looking forward to my HP upgrade...

·
No more MINI
126 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
MiniByblos said:
Lots of good info on the dealers. Thanks. I haven't visited any of the dealers yet, and canbec is only a 10 minute drive from my house, so i'll check 'hem out for my first visit and switch to brossard if necessary.
sa3dos, i'm definitely in for the MTH. However, i can't make it for this weekend. if you can wait for next weekend it would be great. if not, i understand and maybe i could get DarkMiniCooperS's cable from you at that point...
Since nobody else is coming on to this, PM me to work out the details.
Looking forward to my HP upgrade...
I think its better if we wait another week,, like next weekend,, it is definetly suitable for me,, its the end of the month,, and the money is tight,, hehe,, but next weekend should be okay with me. I hope it will be okay with DarkMiniCooperS

·
I'm not an addict.
146 Posts
Hey guys,

I must say I've had bad experiences with Laval :( They scratched my door when wiping the car after a quick rinse (they offered me to wax the car in order to "fix" the problem). Recently they scratched the interior of my passenger door near the reflector when changing the front speaker (it blew up by itself). The supervisor didn't bother calling me back so far.
I was hoping Canbec would be better, but I've heard many "horror" stories with them ...
I am disappointed with MINI's service. Laval's sales team is awesome, but the fact that MINI's are being serviced by BMW dealerships makes it the cheapest car of their line-up. I find that it shows they do not care about MINI's as much as they care about BMW's.
Everybody's making fun of me at work because of my stories with MINI service :/

May I ask who said it was ok to apply a chip tuning mod to your MINI ? :)
Laval's technical advisors have been particularly anti-mod with me.

As for the MTH tuning, I may be in ... let me read about it! :)
We would need a PC laptop to do the mod, I only have a PowerBook ...

Where are you planning to meet ?

--
paco

1 - 20 of 60 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.