MINI Cooper Forum banner
1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
International Merrymaker
426 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Greetings!

The Aviano MINI Owners Klub will likely be attending this year's Speed Day for British and Italian cars at Monza, Italy on February 13, 2005. We went last year and had a great time. Not only were there a large number of MINIs there, but we also saw (and raced) quite a few different types of cars (Lotus, TVR, ...).

We will likely spend the night before the event in Milan somewhere. Would be a good chance to get to know some more MINI2ers!

·
International Merrymaker
426 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·

·
International Merrymaker
426 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
We will be the ones with Aviano MINI Owners Klub written on the side windows and Run...AMOK! on the rear!

Probably some of the only ones with tinted windows as well. :D

·
Best Personal Regards
2,022 Posts
you have to enter the site www.speedday.it, click on the button “iscrizioni al raduno” (it’s only in Italian), fill in the form that appears, choose the date 13 February and send it. You will be automatically registered. On the 13th morning, at entrance of circuit, you will receive a pass with which you will be able to purchase an entrance ticket at 3 € (any additional person will have to pay full ticket (5 €). After entering into the paddock, you will have to go to the track office and purchase a ticket at 30 € for one hour in the track. There will be two sessions only of one hour each: one at 10.30 am, the other at 11.30 am. In the afternoon you can get access to the track, but the cost will be 30 €/30’. At around noon, prizes will be awarded. With the pass you can get a discount for lunch.

I have just done this.....de link "iscriziono al raduno" is on the left of the hme page screen. It will take you to another page that has a link called: MODULO DI ISCRIZIONE
The questions from the top are:

Raduno: (choose Feb 13, 2004 from the pull down menu)
Name and Last Name
e-mail address
Make and Model of the Car (should be British or Italian)
Color of the Car
DO YOU WANT TO GO ON THE TRACK WITH YOUR CAR? Yes/No

Year (Car)
Phone:

A sentence about there will be an official photographer and you can buy pics......

Do you want a pro to give you advise for 20 minutes? (30 Euros)
Want to rent an in car video camera for 10 minutes? (60 euros)
(Subject to availability)
Attention: You will be able to reserve a hot lap in a super car with one of our pro drivers
(clikc on the link if interested)

Whjo referred you to us.....

That is it, that is the form. I have signed up and will be there.

·
International Merrymaker
426 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
All the more reason for us to be there. I am starting to drum up interest in our club here, but will make a big push for it after the first of the year.

·
International Merrymaker
426 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
The Aviano MINI Owners Klub is registering for Speed Day as we speak.

Three confirmed cars as of now.

Joe
Glenn
Daron

More to come...

·
220 of your finest horses
3,009 Posts
Wow

Hope you guys had fun - what was the track set up like?

Is it worth considering this for next year?

Have you got some pics?

Did PKT RKT run rings around the rest of the field again :rolleyes: :D

S:yeblack:

·
3,009 Posts
Looks great

Looks like you guys had a great time - one or two hairy moments out there on the track though!

The guy in the Blue Cooper must have really loved the dude in the spinning Lancia - brown trousers time! And the Pepper white gets a nice bit of oversteer going!

Also is this PKT RKT?

I am very jealous - will need to be there next year!

Attachments

·
Best Personal Regards
2,022 Posts
This event was an absolute BLAST :D :D :D :D :D :D :D

AND.....what a deal......30 Euros for one hour at Monza....you reach top speed 4 times per lap.....just an awesome track......this is definetely a MUST DO.
My thanks to the AMOK guys for bringing news of the event to this site.
The MINI club Italia guys were all very friendly, and they have some hyper cool drives as well, not to mention the AMOK guys who all seem to have Orciari kits on their mean machines.

The event had maybe 500 or 600 cars (not all of them went on the track) but to see scads of Alfas, Fiats, MG's, Lotuses and MINI's galore, including some awesome classics, was prety cool.
The "Custom Cars" which were there for the Concours´d´Elegance were something else as well.

PKT RKT ran great (til it ran out of gas and had to limp in for a fill up)!
The leading BRG in the picture of the two BRG's is definetely PKT RKT.

This is a NOT TO BE MISSED EVENT.

·
MINI LOVER
143 Posts
Hey pocketrocketowner, I was the guy with the electric blue mini with bonnet stripes, and white Fox R2 wheels(DAMN DIRTY CAR).
You where the rocket with the Tire rack BRG mini!! Awesome driving, looked as if you were hooked to he road!!
You got to get me some of the stuff you got on your car!! Special price would be nice ;)
I'd love to know what's under your bonnet!!

·
"Pedal to the Metal"
8 Posts
Ohhhh yeahhhhh!!! I had a blast!!!!

I was not planning on going on the track, but the moment I stepped onto the bleachers and saw everyone racing I could not resist. I got on @ 1130. My copilot Daron Hankins was the camera man. At least now I have three pics of my Mini on the track. The ones my wife took are all blurred. Thanks to who ever for posting them. This was my first time ever on a racing track. Awesome time....

Attachments

·
3,009 Posts
Nice MINIage!

MiniBiggy said:
Ohhhh yeahhhhh!!! I had a blast!!!!

IAwesome time....
Love the blacked out windows and the bodykit/wheel combination.

The more I see of this event the more I wished I dragged myself across the Channel for it!

Next year is going to be a must (anyone for Monza, Spa and the Ring :D )

1 - 20 of 22 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.