MINI Cooper Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Moderator & Sponsor
3,758 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Now that "Ol Ray" has apologized and redeemed himself (very admirably I might add) there is still something strange going on at the Ralph Schomp MINI dealership.

In that thread,

http://www.mini2.com/forum/showthread.php?s=&threadid=4308

Karmuze posted this quote from an email sent by Ralph Schomp MINI:

karmuze said:

…..
5) If I live outside of Colorado will I still be able to buy a MINI at Ralph Schomp? We were selected by MINI to represent Colorado as the only dealer in the State. Many states do not have MINI dealers and with a car in such short supply, many people are calling from around the Nation and getting on multiple lists. We are currently considering our options to restrict MINI sales to Residents of Colorado only. If you are not a Colorado resident and are already on our list, we will be contacting you in the future. Everyone will know when we make our final decision but I wanted you to be forewarned that this may happen.
…..
Is this just a blatant attempt to ensure they will be getting the service business on every MINI they sell?

MINIUSA, on their official site, directs people to the nearest MINI dealer, even if it is out-of-state, saying MINI people like to "motor" and implying that distance is no issue. Now the Ralph Schomp MINI dealership is considering kicking people off their wait list and refusing to sell MINIs to anyone until they pass a Colorado residency check? :mad:

I live in a state where there are currently no MINI dealerships, but fortunately I don't have my name on a list or a deposit at Ralph Schomp MINI. I do however, have deposits at several other out-of-state MINI dealers and I would be extremely upset to find any of them suddenly taking on an attitude like the Schomp dealership.

·
Registered
451 Posts
Re: more Ralph Schomp MINI issues

Originally BruceK posted
Is this just a blatant attempt to ensure they will be getting the service business on every MINI they sell?
Hiya, Bruce. I don't think that addl service business would be a major reason here. I just think they want to accommodate COLO residents, with a car, before out-of-staters. And being a resident, this policy if implemented, would be beneficial to me by allowing me to get my car sooner than I now expect.

However, I don't see it would be fair, at this time, to implement such a policy. If I were a out-of-state buyer, who was placed on their list last Feb., I would be outraged to be deleted from the list 12 mos. later, and have to book another slot of a much higher number. Especially unfair to Texas, Wyoming, New Mexico and other surrounding states with no MINI dealer.

I don't think Ralph Schomp would do this without approval from high up in MINIUSA. So I don't see it likely of this in fact occurring.:( That same email said that the $500 initial deposit would not be refundable, only to be changed in Ray's posting. That's just my take on the situation, it would be nice to hear Ray's or his new MINI replacement's latest viewpoint on it.

Damn, just try to keep them Texans out of our back yard, and what do they do but put up a fuss over it!:D :D :D

·
Moderator & Sponsor
3,758 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Re: Re: more Ralph Schomp MINI issues

karmuze said:
Damn, just try to keep them Texans out of our back yard, and what do they do but put up a fuss over it!:D :D :D
Hey, you're not one of those CO folks with the "Native" bumper sticker, are you? :D

·
Registered
451 Posts
Its a race to post first

Originally posted by BruceK
Hey, you're not one of those CO folks with the "Native" bumper sticker, are you?
Why know, whatta tink I am anywho, jus a ole red-nek bak-woods beer-drinkin good old colorado boy?

(my MINI wit a 6-pak)

Attachments

·
Moderator & Sponsor
3,758 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Re: Its a race to post first

karmuze said:

Why know, whatta tink I am anywho, jus a ole red-nek bak-woods beer-drinkin good old colorado boy?

(my MINI wit a 6-pak)
Love the 6-pack! Extremely appropriate if you know the story of the MINI's tailpipe design!

Karmuze, you might have just started the latest trend for 'rice' machines - instead of the ever-increasing diameters of the coffee can exhaust crowd (mine is bigger than yours) they can go the multiple stacked exhaust route! (mine outnumbers yours).

They could have rows and rows of individual exhausts tips sitting under the back bumper, stretching from side to side. Soon everyone will instinctively know: More tips = faster car.

Better go copyright the concept right now! :D :D :D :D

·
Registered
2 Posts
Goings on at Ralph Schomp

At this time, it is unfortunate that when the demand for MINI's far out-paces the supply, a dealership is forced to make business decisions that do not please everyone. As much as we would like to make everyone happy, unfortunately with the short supply, we know that we can not.

We have chosen to prioritize our Colorado and surrounding contiguous and un-represented states like New Mexico, Wyoming, Kansas, and Nebraska with the first MINI's that we begin to receive. Hopefully in the near future, as supply catches up with demand, we would love to satisfy everyone who would like a MINI.

Let’s MOTOR
:)

·
Registered
110 Posts
Re: Goings on at Ralph Schomp

Ol Ray said:
At this time, it is unfortunate that when the demand for MINI's far out-paces the supply, a dealership is forced to make business decisions that do not please everyone. As much as we would like to make everyone happy, unfortunately with the short supply, we know that we can not.

We have chosen to prioritize our Colorado and surrounding contiguous and un-represented states like New Mexico, Wyoming, Kansas, and Nebraska with the first MINI's that we begin to receive. Hopefully in the near future, as supply catches up with demand, we would love to satisfy everyone who would like a MINI.

Let’s MOTOR
:)
Sorry Ole Ray but the time for you to prioritize was before people got on your list. I don't have my name on your list and I wouldn't want to be associated with you unless you grandfather (or grandmother) the people already on your list. Do it right or don't do it at all. You are a car dealer...NOT a government official. Do not cheat people..unless you can assure those people equal placement somewhere else you should not carry through with this plan. Equal placement somewhere else will them tick off other people at those other dealerships...you can't win. Your dealership should be ashamed!:mad: :mad: :mad: :mad:

1 - 7 of 7 Posts