MINI Cooper Forum banner

Morris minor performance.

1K views 4 replies 3 participants last post by  Brandnewcombineharvester 
#1 ·
Hi guys

Nice forum!
I wonder if anyone on here can point me in the right direction here.
I've a lovely 07. 1.6 diesel cooper but, there's always a but lol!

Quite recently over the last few weeks she's got rather sluggish.
To be precise it's just got no power, no blind spot or anything, just very slow and weak.
New turbo fitted.
Map sensor new
egr and dpf cleaned.

The above was done by a local mechanic buddy of mine.
Whom just said afterwards, that's how it is mate.

Now I know she should be flying now, but she's not!

I should have taken work time off and done it myself.
Has anyone any ideas?

Cheers in advance.

See less See more
#3 ·
The boost control valve went on mine, turbo didnt boost but I got a code, the replacement which I sourced from EBay as a genuine part was faulty. Also bought a new MAP sensor from Euro car parts which was bad. It was also suggested to change the fuel filter.
Mike1967 will also say the DPF is a service item and should be changed at 75k
He knows these cars inside out.

#4 ·
its that old nut where to start and for me its always good level diagnostics tool without it its all guess work and throwing parts at it and thats not the right way by far can cause a lot of head aches,,
by far best value for money is autocom cdp plus can buy it on ebay for £36 uk seller it will allow you to scan P-codes dealer only as any other cheap scanner might not read them in fact most will not, so you could have codes just not showing,,thats a first must do, or if in devon or cornwall area worth giving john at black magic performace centre ltd as per my signature i can can sort it for you if its past DIY repair,,like stu said i would always tell you dpf filter needs renewing or removing at 75000 miles to ensure it stays healthy, we also can sort deletes or replacements and can do the additive tank refill and reset plus to replace the filter and additive it must be reset and ecu told a new one has been fitted etc, also worth having egr deleted in ecu and blanked,,
if DIY then need to scan it live data run work out how full dpf is, work out what charge pressures you have on the road and what temps the car runs at etc,, must common on those engines is a glow plug fails this cause the dpf filter to fail to regen as the car will not regen if any codes are stored,, very complicated engine as diesels go to be honest and all needs to play nice to stay healthy, STU's car had a fair few issues all mounted up and was a perfect storm to be honest because to many other garages had try'd and failed to find the real problems in the first place and went on a throw a part at it way o trying to hit the right sensor as such,, where i go through the whole system depending on what scans show,, then must fit genuine brand sensors cheap ebay rubbish or generic dont do well on them,, stu's boost controller was brand new after market and only gave 14psi which is what the vnt is set to on bump stop but it needs the flow of 20psi ie 8 psi less than vac pump produces to run correct vnt working,, perfect reason why aftermarket stuff might work but not within the correct parameters as such,

#5 ·
Thanks very much indeed guys!
Very very helpful indeed.

But jesus! The cars only done 74K.
I'm actually shocked so much can go wrong on that little car with relative low mileage.
Terrible really.
Why do they make them so complicated on what I would now brand a self destruct car!

Ha, I mean , sure I'll do all of the above over the next few weekends, but blimey.

Thanks once again you nice guys.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.