MINI Cooper Forum banner

1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
113 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just sailed past 570 miles this morning on the way to work and still don't need to fill up! (A 53plate OneD) Last tank cost just over £68 so feeling rather smug about this. I think another 40 -50 miles is possible before a fuel visit is required. My lat Mini One Auto used to do around 180-200 per tank!
Whats the best/worst others have got before?

·
Registered
35 Posts
I'm still on my first tank, still showing over 300 miles to go with 3/4 left (06 Cooper).

If it holds out it will get me as far on one tank as my previous car, but only cost me half in comparison! You'll dink dank do for me!

·
I'm avin 'oops
1,225 Posts
alot of this is how you drive and what you are doing

for example on motorways at a steady 75 or so i get great mpg and vice versa

on average though it dependws on your car and how heavy your right foot is

Pepe being a 07 Cooper S I wont get as good econmomy as otehrs but on average I get well over 300 miles to the tank sometimes over 400 but depends on the driving and conditions etc

·
Registered
32 Posts
1st post WOOT :D

I got a Cooper S Cab 06 and i got 420 out a tank when i went to Mikey to get an amp an speakers fitted (which is badass by the way,Tottaly recommend it for the Cab) :D

But normally about 260 280m :mad:

O well i new what i was getting myself into when i bought her :wink:

·
MINI2 Veteran
701 Posts
my new r56 mini one, has just done 400 miles on its first tank (40 litres)

Thats some heavy a road driving, up and downhill with 2 up. Not too bad for her first few miles!

Loving the car!

·
1950s Housewife
3,253 Posts
Bloomin eck. How do some of you get that sort of mpg without being overtaken by caravans? :p

I get about 320 per tank in my 04 Cooper (mostly motorway driving).

·
GEEEEEEEEK
9,069 Posts
Bloomin eck. How do some of you get that sort of mpg without being overtaken by caravans? :p

I get about 320 per tank in my 04 Cooper (mostly motorway driving).
I dont know Gem i wish i could get past the 300 mark in mine :( :p :D

·
The Red Fox
4,979 Posts
Well as Ive never used 95 RON in my S, and always 99RON, I did notice a difference between V-Power and Tesco...with Tesco giving me more MPG!

·
Registered
101 Posts
550 miles twice now in an 07 Dooper (39 litres) Never let it get any lower!

It would of been closer to 600 on one occasion, but I got caught up in slow moving traffic for almost an hour!. I've had 608 miles after about 50 miles if I include what the computer says I have left;).

·
Registered
113 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
605.5 miles & decided to re fill... A bargain at just £65 ! Thats $130 greenbacks...! Just happy I ain't got an Abrams !!

·
Where does that road go?
12,574 Posts
Best I ever got out of my 2002 Cooper was 390 miles.

My 2006 Cooper S has managed 360 miles to a full tank once.

·
Registered
557 Posts
My Cooper D amazed us this weekend. Filled the tank (approx. £40) on Saturday monring and went from Manchester to Bluewater Shopping centre, then to our hotel near Heathrow, then to Farnborough Air Show and then back to Manchester on one tank.

550 Miles in total.

On the way down we didn't hit any traffic really so the trip was saying 78MPG. The journey in total was 72mpg although I'm sure this isn't very accurate. Still very impressed though :D

It could have gone further but the Farnborough traffic just killed the economy. We queued for 2hrs or so.

1 - 20 of 27 Posts