MINI Cooper Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
MINI inspiration
84 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi,

Ive got a MOT next week, i am considering removing following mods, am i being over cautous?

team 1.2 wheels - reason i would hate for them to damage them? do they have to remove wheels for a MOT??

bluefin and sprintbooster - reason to keep emissions down?

anyone got any advice? tia

oh my car as it is, havnt fitten the bottom areo grill yet, how lazy!

Attachments

·
Mini Youngster
2,437 Posts
Wouldnt worry about the bluefin or sprintbooster, leave them on.

With the wheels it is up to yourself, Im not sure about what to do with mine yet to be honest as mine are 18x7.5 and i am slightly worried about it. Personal preference really.

I have a bit to do for MOT- new tyres, raise coilovers etc. :(

·
Factory JCW
658 Posts
Never heard of them removing the wheels for a mot :confused:
Id be worried any way taking it in if i had to for the muppets to be messing around with it..

·
Mini Youngster
2,437 Posts
Never heard of them removing the wheels for a mot :confused:
Id be worried any way taking it in if i had to for the muppets to be messing around with it..
they dont remove the wheels for an MOT.

I was talking about the owner of the car removing the wheels if he wants too, because they do still shake your car in england correct?? On the big machine to test things?

Thats the reason why i said it is up to him

·
Loving his JCW!!!
274 Posts
Wheels stay on for the MOT so they won't get dameged unless the MOT station are trying to!

As for emissions, they only do a basic test of HydroCarbons, and Carbon Monoxide at idle and fast idle, so not at high revs. The bluefin shouldnt greatly increase these emmisions, at least not to the extent to make it an MOT fail. They don't test against manufacturers quoted figures, but set emissions values for all petrol cars after a certain date.

As for the sprintbooster, that only increases throttle respone, which wont come into play here as they test the emissions at fixed rpm values.

so overall in my opinion you should be fine!

·
MINI inspiration
84 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
cheers peeps i know im being amost anal but im sure you understand,

might take off the wheels so they can get a real good clean, then i know there safe also, i just know the swines would deny it if they got scratched some how, where as the original 5 stars are curbed to hell from the last 2 lady owners!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts