MINI Cooper Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi everyone,

I am driving around with a OCT03 Build Mini Cooper.

It failed the MOT on Friday on

(2.6.1) Nearside Rear Wheel Bearing feels rough when rotated.
(3.7.A.5.c) Rear Brake application uneven.

With regards to the wheel bearing, i had a suspicion that it was on its way out as the car has done 76469 miles. But does anyone know the best place to buy one? As I have been quoted £130 for a aftermarket one.

With regards to the rear braking application, my friend took of the caliper and it appeard that the near side inner pad was binded to the caliper, do you think that this would have caused this problem or would it be the caliper?

I think the brake thing is a little crazy as I had the brake fluid changed in January this year at a dealer and a service at the dealer in August this year, neither time did they notice this problem. Makes you wonder why you pay them so much.

·
Registered
120 Posts
You are allowed some brake inballance on rear brakes. Tester will put readings into the computer and this will say if brake efficiency is OK. I would ask tester what the readings were and why he failed it. Did Computer fail it because of inefficiency?

·
Registered
208 Posts
Its not the end of the world mate , not bad on a 5yr old mini. Front wheel bearing can be done in an hr at a local garage, Take you rear brakes off, strip and clean them . Or you could gets some 2nd hand ones from some one who has maybe upgraded there rear.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts