MINI Cooper Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi, I'm a newbie on this forum and I'm looking to get my first mini on motability.:)

I'm wondering what dooper owners think are the best value options and packs.:confused:

thanks in advance.

Matt

·
Registered
21,702 Posts
Im probably the wrong person to ask as i'd say they all were :eek:

I'd say go for at least the Pepper pack (preferrably Chili pack though) :p

Multi function steering wheel - i would be without mine now :D

White indicators - so you dont have fried eggs for headlights :p (my dealer liked this terminology :eek:)

Oh and welcome to MINI2 :D

·
MINI memories...
508 Posts
Hi, I'm a newbie on this forum and I'm looking to get my first mini on motability.:)

I'm wondering what dooper owners think are the best value options and packs.
People need to know the relative prices to be able to comment (see picture)

Motability drivers get huge discounts on the car and option packs. So a basic Cooper D manual will cost you £2018, and one with Chilli Pack is £3409. However, any options you add on top are charged at full price. So, the best value would be the Chilli Pack, and nothing else.

Also, bear in mind that the diesel is £600 more than the petrol Cooper, so you have to be doing a lot of miles to make it worth it.

It's really down to your budget!

Attachments

·
Registered
214 Posts
I am glad Stiggy responded before I did - there are millions of combinations, so I do not want to run the risk of discussing them all...

So Chilli pack has been decided (I was going to suggest that anyway)

Visibility pack will give you auto wipers, auto dimming mirror, auto headlights (not sure that is the best option ever invented...) and heated front screen. This lingers at the top of my list

Buttons on steering wheel are great.

Anything beyond those three are down to your own budget/choice/taste

P.S. I really do not care what colour my indicators are - I spend most of my time looking out from the inside... Will agree that it does make the entire car look different

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
So, the best value would be the Chilli Pack, and nothing else.

Also, bear in mind that the diesel is £600 more than the petrol Cooper, so you have to be doing a lot of miles to make it worth it.

It's really down to your budget!
I was thinking Chilli or Pepper but was wondering whether going for the chilli wasd worth just to get the sports seats. Are they really more supportive in practice?

Visibility pack sounds great for me:)

:green:How does green with white roof, stripes and wheels sound?:green:

Matt

·
Dooper Scooper
469 Posts
That's an awesome colour choice...it looks gorgeous in the flesh! It's one of the colour combos I'm considering for my next Mini. Nothing wrong with astro black either... :D
I've got the Chili pack on mine and the seats are very comfortable for long journeys...I go on site visits all the time and tell you they're good enough for 5'8 (average height!!) me and my German freakishly tall boss. TBH didn't even consider the pepper pack... :rolleyes:

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Just a quick bit of info on how motability works.

:green: Its contract hire
:green: You pay £195 per month no matter what car it is (unless its really cheap):)
:green: You pay an advance payment that does depend on the model (varies from £0 to >£10000)
:green: You have to hand it back after 3 years. :(
:green: You get nothing back for it no matter what options you paid for. :(:(

Reservations notwithstanding, its a great way to get a car especially if you can't work because of a disability.

Matt

·
MINI memories...
508 Posts
The only possible downside with the Chilli pack is that you have to have 16" or bigger wheels. I purposely went for the Pepper pack so I could have 15" wheel, as the ride is softer. I didn't have the sports seats either, which I sometimes regret. You really need to go to a MINI dealer and test drive various models to get a feel for what you want.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
About this Discussion
7 Replies
5 Participants
Stiggy
MINI Cooper Forum
Join our Mini Cooper Forums to talk about your new Mini. From reviews, mods, accessories, reliability concerns and more, this Mini Owners Club is full of info!
Full Forum Listing