• Excel

Votes: 3 23.1%
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm for the NEC, went every other year, and drove there :tongue:

I looked at going to Excel the first year, I live in lincolnshire, london is 4.5 hrs one way, I gave in after i had sorted out accomodation, parking, trains etc, etc.

The NEC is 2 hrs one way, which is do'able in a day and its a much bigger venue...

·
Rocking the F57
17,719 Posts
Both have their advantages and disadvantages....

The Excel is easier to navigate your way around - the layout is fantastic :)

The NEC is bigger and can hold more.....

I'd actually rather it be at the Excel ;)

·
MINI One Seven
4,107 Posts
NEC is best - middle of the country. It gets the best attendance, is in the middle of the country and although it needs a bit of work doing, it is large. Since it moved I haven't bothered going.

·
Mr Big Stuff
3,475 Posts
both have issues - Excel is a pain to get to & the NEC is a dump
Never felt the urge to drag myself to excel but that might be based on how shoddy the last nec show was.
I remember it because I had been to castle combe on the Sunday and drove to the nec in rush hour and was disapointed to find hall one empty (huge hall usually crammed with stuff) and a long trek to get to the exhibits from west car park only to fight my way through hoards of amex reps selling credit cards then finding that hall 4 was a ford fest Aston Mazda volvo etc and that was pretty much it...
The rest of the show a mish mash of smaller stands alright the MINI stand was good but not as good as previous and what happened to all the traders just a few stands instead of the usual market place.
I want the show back at the NEC but I dont want to pay £15 quid to park iit was ten pounds in 2004) on top of the ticket and programme price. Maybe I am bitter about the NEC as I exhibit there twice a year and they just wind me up I still would go there though and not London.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts