MINI Cooper Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

· Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a 2008 Nonturbo Mini, and i was wondering exactly what i should do. It is already a 6 Speed manual and i want to supercharge or turbo it. I have turbo'd V8 cars plenty of times before but im just starting to get into smaller engine cars. Should i just completely motor swap it to an R56 S motor or should i buy a turbo or supercharger kit and do it the way im used to

· Registered
13,593 Posts
how deep are your pockets ,, below link good reading, will need a good mapper to get ecu to play correctly with all the other systems,, electric chargers get best of all worlds done right no heat as such and not much power drag to run them unlike belt drive ones, turbos' cause high heat heat kills power etc, could run and double car battery storage to ensure plenty of stored power for motor etc ie keeps to loads on alternator to a low point as such,, i done it on a few honda civic over the years but used n=belt drive ss trouble the ss steals power to run its self,

· Registered
13,593 Posts
also on the engine you have its twin vanos sprockets can be mapped like a n18 engine would

· Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Also how would i be able to tell if i have a SOHC or a DOHC without having to tear down the car, because before i have all the parts to do what i want i still enjoy driving it around stock

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.