MINI Cooper Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1,164 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Having tried and tested brake fluids the Motul RBF 600 has one of the highest boiling points!

We can change your brake fluid as per your minis requirements (every 2 years) and stamp your service book to help retain your cars service history value.

Full brake fluid change with RBF 600 .......£55 inc vat

Full brake fluid change with normal 5.1 fluid .......£45 inc vat

RBF sold per 500ml £10.50 inc vat

·
THE STICK
3,902 Posts
Thats a good price... Cheaper than I got mine from Demon Tweeks!

I run the RBF 600 with my works brakes and since having it I have noticed they stand up to more punishment before they go spongey over time due to fluid getting too hot time and time again. I'll probably get you to do mine again at my service point and I'll try out those Carbotech xp10 brake pads for the JCW calipers too

·
Overly excited!!
1,364 Posts
For those that know nothing about RBF600, I wouldnt (and dont) use anything other than RBF600. Had it in my MINI for years. Never managed to boil it and doesnt go 'squidgy' unlike the rubbish you get from Halfords, which I managed to boil far too easily. In my opnion its the best brake fluid on the market for the price.

·
Registered
117 Posts
This stuff is ACE, used it in last my rally car with competition pads and never had a problem and i even managed to win a few things, for the money it can't be touched.

·
Registered
315 Posts
can someone explain the DOT classification please? i was looking at the motul range recently:-
MOTUL brake fluids
i thought the higher the DOT grading the higher the wet and dry boiling point??
but if you look at the individual product specs, motul dot 5 fluids boiling points are lower than that of RBF 600 & 660 DOT 4 fluids. good price on the RBF 600 btw.
people always go on about getting a dot 5 fluid, so are the boiling pts and the DOT classifications two separate characteristics of brake fluids??

·
Registered
1,164 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
RBF 600 is a dot 4 fluid

Its spec exceeds the Dot 5.1 fluids in temps but I think from memory its viscosity when cold does not meet dot 5 specs so it is classed as Dot 4.

Either way it has a higher boiling point than most.

Its important to not do Not fit Dot 5 fluid in a mini only 5.1

1 - 7 of 7 Posts