MINI Cooper Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
112 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am thinking about getting a 40GB 4G ipod but not sure re mounting of it. I have read lots on this but not sure what applies to the 4g model.

For simplicity & ease of fitting I like the Belkin TuneDok In-Car Holder for iPod but it says this is for the 3G ipod-does the 4G fit as well or any other simple options?

TIA

·
Registered
112 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Many thanks!

·
Registered
126 Posts
ned78 said:
Yes, all mountings for the 3g and 4g iPod are identical. The only difference apart from a half decent battery in the 4g iPod is the repositioning of the 4 buttons under the screen - they've been incorporated into the click wheel now. Same physical size, same dock connectors.

Owen.
from what I've read on some iPod sites is that although physically the same as the 3G dock, the 4G dock operates slightly differently. Not enough to cause too much trouble, but enough that some 3rd party accessories don't function with it. A couple sites you might want to check out for more about the differences between the 3G and 4G iPods are:
iPod Lounge
iPodding

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.