MINI Cooper Forum banner
1 - 20 of 30 Posts

· 2003 PS MCS
137 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Rumours have been flying, but here's a good solid one:

-----
Variety reports today that Paramount Pictures is in talks with most of the cast of THE ITALIAN JOB for a sequel. According to the trade discussions have started with Mark Wahlberg, Charlize Theron, Seth Green, Mos Def and Jason Statham, and the studio's first choice to direct is F. Gary Gray, the guy that helmed the 2003 remake.

The sequel's script also beings back the writing team of Wayne and Donna Powers, and rumor has it the second JOB will take the team to Paris, the French Alps and the beaches of St. Tropez.

Paramount would like to wrap up talks and start shooting the movie by March of next year, for subsequent release in November 2005.
-----

With most of the cast returning, I wonder if the real star of the first film (the Minis) will as well?

J\

· Registered
764 Posts
Italian Job 3 don't you mean?

From what I understand they would like to do another but after her Oscar win they can't afford Charlize Theron and Mark Wahlberg isn't interested as he only did the previous one due to contractual obligations with the studio.

· Registered
729 Posts
Cool thanks, I saw on Sky News today that Mark Wahlberg would only take part if the story was as good as the last. The Mini's MUST be in it!

I've been watching the Italian Job on a 7.1 Dolby system (5.1 boosted to 7.1) and wow the sound of the Cooper S is incredible, the floor was shaking I had it so loud :D .. Couldn't of sounded anymore like the real thing unless I was standing next to it :)

· Range Rover SDV8!
Range Rover SDV8, Triumph Tiger & Triumph Trophy
5,141 Posts
I love MINI said:
Actually in the Italian job 2 they are Coopers not Cooper Ss. They have had loads of work to them therefore not standard cooper but a Cooper none the less! They have aerokits on them and 17" R90 alloys.
I am concerned that I should know this sort of detail, but the blue and white cars are Coopers and the red one is a Cooper S. I daren't tell you how many times I had to watch it before I picked up that detail.... :rolleyes:

If it is true that Mark Wahlberg only appeared in it due to contractual obligations that would explain why he often looked bored to me!

The MINI's were perfect though. :D

Tigger

· The REAL King of Bling
261 Posts
andyupnorth said:
and the next one is going to feature new VW Beetles and be set in Berlin.
Beetles!? Please no! :eek:
They CANNOT make a sequal without the Mini, its just not physically possible!

· World Wide Flying Ace
832 Posts
andyupnorth said:
Italian Job 3 don't you mean?

From what I understand they would like to do another but after her Oscar win they can't afford Charlize Theron and Mark Wahlberg isn't interested as he only did the previous one due to contractual obligations with the studio.
I thought Edward Norton was the one contractually obliged to the studio. :confused:
Mind you, thats probably right about Charlize Theron. She was awesome in monster, well deserved Oscar.

· Registered
729 Posts
Maybe they should consider dropping the "Italian Job" title..

That way it would no longer be compared to the original all the time, instead I suggest they call it "Mini Adventure" ;) then you have the subtitle like "Mini Adventure - Mini Invades Earth", "Mini Adventure - On the Autobahn", "Mini Adventure - Stuck in traffic".. Ok so maybe the last one wouldn't be the most appealing and exciting film ever but it's a start...

· Range Rover SDV8!
5,141 Posts
I love MINI said:
Ahh didn't know that the red one was an S why would they have just one S and the rest coopers? Is that whats in the original Italian Job? :D I stand corrected!
My own thoughts on this are:

1. My understanding is that at the time of production, BMW only imported the Cooper and Cooper S into the States. If they were, as I understand, paying for the cars then they would probably want to give as much publicity as possible to both cars in the range.

2. Wasn't the waiting list for the S even longer than for the standard Cooper at time of shooting? Considering that they had to provide 30+ cars for the production it would probably have been easier to "loose" the production of 10 Cooper S's than 30.

These are only my thoughts, unless anyone else knows better....

Tigger.

· Range Rover SDV8!
5,141 Posts
Italian Job II DVD. The (expensive) consequences.....

I love MINI said:
Now that makes sense! I see you've actually thought about this in great detail! I just liked looking at those beautiful beasts!
They were rather good weren't they?

I'm afraid that the Italian Job II was the most expensive DVD I've ever bought. The £15 ish that I spent on the DVD was bad enough, but then I went and bought the car as well :D

THAT film can be held completely responsible for me logging onto the MINI website and registering an interest with my dealer. The rest, as they say, is history..... :red:

Did that film get anyone else hooked in the same way?

Tigger

· The REAL King of Bling
261 Posts
I think they may have only put one cooper s in the film because it is just for Charlize Theron because she has the classic mini as her own car. So I suppose that because she knows the Mini quite well in the film, she desered a better version of the new mini than the others, so maybe thats why, just a thought. ;)

1 - 20 of 30 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.