MINI Cooper Forum banner

1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Fanatically Enthiusiastic
1,176 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just like the title says, I want to start a list of all the films that have MINI or Mini content. Films with more than a 'oh, there's one parked in the background', but that maybe have a main character driving one. Of course I'll start the list with the three obvious ones, which also are the only ones I can remember;
Bourne Conspiracy
Italian Job (of the 60's)
Italian Job (of 2000)

I watched a low budget British film a couple of years ago that had the main character driving a clapped out classic 'S', which ended up on a trash barge, but I can't remember the name.

·
MINI on the brain!!!
1,510 Posts
I quite liked that movie Storm Breaker... it was a pretty big part that the MINI was in :D Not as big as the Italian JOb mind you but still somewhat BIG! :)

·
Grumpometer: OFF SCALE
6,836 Posts
Play Misty for Me. the Clint Eastwood film, he's got a blue mini if I remember

·
owt else is just traffic
1,462 Posts
Good Bye Pork Pie:

Looked for this film on you tube a couple of months ago and there were quite a few clips. I saw this once when I was about 15 and I'm now 40 but I remember it being a good 'mini' film.

·
Registered
369 Posts
Don't forget Heartbreak Kid with Ben Stiller; when they go on holiday they drive a convertible MINI!

Just checked on the website above and it was a blue one :)

·
Banned
50,323 Posts
Good Bye Pork Pie:

Looked for this film on you tube a couple of months ago and there were quite a few clips. I saw this once when I was about 15 and I'm now 40 but I remember it being a good 'mini' film.
Just brought this film, not had chance to watch it yet;)

·
Registered
5,861 Posts
Not really a full length movie but some may remember the TV series MacGyver - with Mini Chase based on the Italian Job !

·
Captain Slow
4,929 Posts
A blatant rip off from the great movie. If you notice carefully at about 7 mins 16 secs into the clip as the car is going through the tunnel. There is only one person in the car, but there was supposed to be two in each of them. I think the continuity person had an off day!

·
owt else is just traffic
1,462 Posts
Not really a full length movie but some may remember the TV series MacGyver - with Mini Chase based on the Italian Job !
Thanks for th link, i remember my mate telling me he had seen this (probably 20 years ago :aargh:) but I had never seen it. It's funny really ,we probably all know that there are loads of continuity errors in the original but they have managed to add so many more. Despite the obvious lack of mk1 minis, there's also the completely different blue colour of the one mini, the incorrect lights, bonnet straps the inconsistent time zones i.e probably twenty years apart and the ever decade changing police bikes and cop cars not to mention people ,theres also the grabbing of the food which despite being grabbed through the passenger window in the original film then gets pulled in to the drivers side .
Having said all that, a mini on film is a mini and as long as we keep seeing them I'm happy.
Really starting to hanker after another classic.

·
Registered
5,861 Posts
Not just based on The Italian Job, but using footage from The Italian Job

The first episodes of MacGyver had a tight budget to work with as they didn't want to risk too much on a new series. So "Paramount" used footage from some of their films in the series.
The "Thief of Budapest" was filmed in British Columbia, Canada. If you look closely, the MacGyver Minis are Mk3 and some have the "North American" export side marker lights. Fiat and Ladas instead of Alfa's had to do the job of police cars.
(Episode 3, October 13, 1985, Title - THIEF OF BUDAPEST)

·
Registered
5 Posts
For those who are interested, Goodbye Pork Pie was recently remastered onto DVD and comes with a second DVD with interviews, photos etc .

We sell the DVD for AU$16 plus postage.

Contact me at [email protected] for details.

Cheers,
Watto.

1 - 20 of 31 Posts