MINI Cooper Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
63 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
How good are the new mp3 cd players in the new minis? What sort of navigation is there for getting around a disc with 100 tracks on it? If you divided the tracks into directories, is there a way to see the names of these? Also can you see the track names.

·
Look Ma I'm flying!!
184 Posts
alfi said:
How good are the new mp3 cd players in the new minis? What sort of navigation is there for getting around a disc with 100 tracks on it? If you divided the tracks into directories, is there a way to see the names of these? Also can you see the track names.
As an MP3 player it seems okay, it does not show folder or track names just directory numbers and track numbers. You can navigate from folder to folder and track to track.
Personally I would only go for the std boost if I had the HK or the Sat Nav as it enables extra features. Otherwise I would go aftermarket and get a player that has better Navigation and ID capability.

HTH, Peter

·
Registered
63 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
mjg315q said:
Personally I would only go for the std boost if I had the HK or the Sat Nav as it enables extra features. Otherwise I would go aftermarket and get a player that has better Navigation and ID capability.

HTH, Peter
If I had chance to re-order I would do things differently. I placed the order with cd player and radio boost which was about £200. Then I tried to add the HK later but it was too late with the factory. Whats the £140 boost thing do? Would I need this anyway for an aftermarket system?

So if I want to go aftermarket what are my options? is the £200 spent so far a complete waste of money. Somewhere like Halfords will install a new system but only using existing speaker holes.

How much would profesional installation cost if I wanted something like the HK system (with amp) installed. Or is it easy enough to do it yourself?

·
Ding Dang Do !
330 Posts
I am pretty disapointed with the sony mp3 player in my new 05 cooper s. The sound quality aint brilliant but the most anoying this is that it skips when the car goes over bumps, i thought that this would not be an issue with a sony unit surley they should have some kind of buffer technology to prevent this. My other car had a JVC mp3 player in a MGF with much stiffer suspension which never skipped an sound was great and it only cost 120 quid.

·
Registered
127 Posts
I have the 05 H/K and the sounds is great. It hasn't skipped yet in 425 miles most with cd's playing.
The only problem I have had is with some folders of tracks not playing. I think this may be a bitrate problem but haven't fully explored it yet.

You have to press the M (manual) button then the track search button to change folders and you only get a numerical display of which folder you are in. No Tags or folder names are displayed.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
About this Discussion
4 Replies
4 Participants
dirchy
MINI Cooper Forum
Join our Mini Cooper Forums to talk about your new Mini. From reviews, mods, accessories, reliability concerns and more, this Mini Owners Club is full of info!
Full Forum Listing